(531 to 540) of 2186 Results
Jajamaru Series on NES Completely Translated
16 August 2018 8:24AM EST - Update by Pennywise
Today aishsha and Pennywise present a completed translation of Jajamaru Ninpou Chou for the NES. This project is a milestone in that the entire series on the NES is now in English and did you know that aishsha and Pennywise have been working together for 10 years now? Over the course of a decade they’ve managed to translate at least 20 RPG’s and other misc games. They probably have one of the most productive partnerships in the history of the translation community.
Please note that the translation of Jajamaru Ninpou Chou is only playable on certain emulators like FCEUX. This is because the ROM was expanded past the mapper limit. If anyone wishes to hack the translation to use a different mapper, we are happy to incorporate it into the translation. We can also provide source code for the expansion hacks to anyone interested.
As a bit of a bonus, aishsha did some title screen hacks for the two Ninja Kun games bringing them into the Jajamaru fold.
Lastly, not related to Jajamaru, but Pennywise also happened to finish a translation of Tenjin Kaisen for the GB at the same time as these games and decided to release it with everything else.
Ganbare Goemon Gaiden 2 (NES) English Translation Patch Now Available!
12 August 2018 9:10PM EST - Update by MrFwibbles
Mr Fwibbles (Grandia: Parallel Trippers, Ganbare Goemon Gaiden etc) has completed a full English translation patch for Ganbare Goemon Gaiden 2 on the Famicom/NES.
Originally released in January 1992, GGG2 is another turn-based RPG, but this time around the battles use a Phantasy Star II-style perspective with more advanced animations and effects than the previous game. This side-story is about Goemon and Ebisumaru entering a “Thievery World Tournament” where the aim is to be the first team to gather 8 keys which unlock a door leading to a legendary treasure that will make the winners rich.
The project took around 5 months from start to finish, with no major roadblocks (thanks to having an idea of how to prepare for them in advance from working on the previous game).
Thanks to Cccmar, Lilith and TheRedPriest Q for help with testing and feedback.
Please note that this game doesn’t work properly in some popular emulators. For more information, be sure to check the provided Readme file.
NES Metroid HD Pack Released
11 August 2018 3:22AM EST - Update by Aclectico
An HD pack is now available for the NES game, Metroid. This pack replaces graphics, sound effects, and music. It is a hack that builds upon many prior hacks and it uses Metroid mOTHER as a base (available at: https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/1988/). Credit should go to the original authors for work done on prior hacks.
The pack includes, but it not limited to, some of the features detailed below. Many of these features are carryover from prior hacks that have previously been developed for Metroid. Items denoted with an asterisk are brand new features that have been created exclusively for the Mesen pack.
- Increased resolution**
- Scrolling backgrounds**
- Updated sound effects and music**
- File resources for alternate sound and graphics**
- New title and ending screen**
- Animated environments
- Beam stacking
- Full health on startup
Players must use a new version of the Mesen emulator that was released on August 5, 2018 (version 0.9.6 is available at: https://www.mesen.ca/#Downloads). Older versions of the Mesen emulator will not work properly.
The README contains details the work performed by each author below that helped make the HD pack possible: Kya, Sour, dACE, snarfblam, Infinity’s End, DemickXII, Psyklax, Maximum Potion, VariaZim, WIP, Exaelart, Riklaionel, elgwen, strugglepoo, Luminist, Jorge Fuentes, and Patricio Herrera.
Forum Discussion: http://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php?topic=26811.0
Dragon Warrior Monsters Ultimate
09 August 2018 9:55AM EST - Update by JonahStrix
This gem of the past allows 3 monsters parties out of a total 312 different monsters.Some of the final bosses monsters might as well be from Dragon Ball Z. Regardless, the breeding mechanics provide players with the option to use almost anyone in their party. Unfortunately, the story drags through levels 1-20 before breeding is unlocked. From that point it does not take much effort before random dungeon keys offer better monsters and XP then the story.
This hack began with the accidental discovery of the DWM2 ROM MAP, https://dragon-warrior-monsters-2-modding.wikia.com/wiki/ROM_Map
After a couple months one of the greatest childhood GBC RPGs has been remade into an adult RPG challenge. The story keys now have a great variety of tough monsters to compete with the random keys. The XP reward of some peculiar monsters have been boosted to keep random keys interesting. Collect rare XP keys until you can unlock the MetalKing training grounds!
Dragon Quest and Pokemon fans should give it a try! Please let JonahStrix know of any issues or suggestions for improvement.
New Hacks Added to the Database
08 August 2018 8:25AM EST - Update by RHDNBot
This is an automated message generated by ROMhacking.net’s RHDNBot.
The following Hacks have been submitted and approved to the database (in submitted order oldest to newest):
- SWAT Out-Of-Bounds Fix (SWAT: Special Weapons and Tactics)(NES)
- Rockman 3 EX: Blues no Kage (Mega Man 3)(NES)
- Dragon Warrior Monsters 2 Ultimate (Dragon Warrior Monsters 2: Cobi’s Journey)(GB)
- Ikari Warriors Proofread (Ikari Warriors)(NES)
- Ghosts ‘n Goblins Proofread (Ghosts ‘n Goblins)(NES)
- NBA Jam TE - Double Z Mod (NBA Jam: Tournament Edition)(SNES)
- Bubble Bobble Proofread (Bubble Bobble)(NES)
- Rockman 2 Slide and Charge Shot (Mega Man 2)(NES)
- Grandia Voices & Video cutscenes Undub NTSC US English (Grandia)(PSX)
- Crystal Beans - turhope mods (Crystal Beans from Dungeon Explorer)(SNES)
- Mega Man X3 PSOne PAL to NTSC (Mega Man X3)(PSX)
- Vine Man (Mega Man 2)(NES)
New Translations Added to the Database
07 August 2018 8:17AM EST - Update by RHDNBot
This is an automated message generated by ROMhacking.net’s RHDNBot.
The following Translations have been submitted and approved to the database (in submitted order oldest to newest):
- Mahou Kishi Rayearth (Fully Playable)(GG)
- Zippy Race (Fully Playable)(NES)
- Dick Tracy (Fully Playable)(GB)
- Dick Tracy (Fully Playable)(SMS)
- Dick Tracy (Fully Playable)(GEN)
- Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie (Fully Playable)(GEN)
- Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (Fully Playable)(GEN)
- Quarth (Fully Playable)(NES)
- Snow Bros.: Nick & Tom (Fully Playable)(GEN)
- Wonder Boy in Monster World (Fully Playable)(SMS)
- Star Ocean (Fully Playable)(SNES)
Mega Man X6 Tweaks/Patcher (Re)released!
04 August 2018 7:38AM EST - Update by acediez
The first few versions of this hack and patcher have been around for a couple of months now on the site. A very busy couple of months though. Thanks to the continued support the project has got, it has gone a long way since the first version, enough to guarantee some sort of re-release.
To people first hearing about this: this is an improvement/tweaks project for Mega Man X6! You’ll have to check the project’s page for all the details, as the list has grown quite big, but these are some of the highlights:
- Parts are no longer permanently missable. Injured Reploids reappear after getting infected or killed as if you’ve never encountered them.
- Parts/Souls/Ranks table has been edited to reduce grinding and having an available Parts slot right from the start
- Fight against Nightmare Zero on Lvl. 4 has been made available without cheating, which unlocks Black Zero during normal play
- X and Zero now share Heart Tanks, Life Up parts, Energy Up parts, Souls, and Rank.
- Blade Armor customization. Stronger attacks. More controllable, less dangerous Mach Dash.
- X and Shador Armor have access to the Air Dash.
- Zero’s infamous Sentsuizan has been remapped and the execution method has been changed to Hold/Release, so you can cancel it anytime.
- Bonus damage against Nightmare Snake (aka Donuts) and Nightmare Mother.
- Nightmare Effects can be disabled
- “Exit Stage” button always available
- Disables Alia’s alerts and other dialogues
- Reducing the list of Injured Reploids by removing the ones that don’t hold any items
- Repurposed cheat codes. You can use them to unlock secret armors, as well as to start the game with Zero available.
And since improvement project can be very subjective, the meat of the project has been making all these options available separately through the Mega Man X6 Tweaks Patcher project, so you can customize your version of the hack however you see fit!
Also, in case anyone else wants to continue from here and use information from this project on their own hacking endeavors (like replicating these hacks on other, hmmm, newer releases of this game), there’s also a throughout documentation of every single modification and line of code written for this project, the Mega Man X6 Tweaks Spreadsheet
It’s been a very busy couple of months. It’ll definitely slow down now, but bug reports and suggestions are always welcome (a new bug will very likely pop up as soon as this is published). Thanks to everyone who’se been part of the project thread, either contributing, hunting for bugs, or simply showing your support!
Special thanks go to:
- DarkSamus993, who very patiently helped kickstart this whole project back when acediez didn’t even know what ASM was. We’re all looking forward to the X5 Improvement Project!
- injoon84, for his dedicated (daily, at times) bug hunting and reporting. Went through every single WIP release of the project so the main author could spend his time working on new options.
- Z3R0X, for his various hack contributions to the project.
- Lumiere, x6fan, Ghaleonh41, Zero Dozer, and all the others who have reported bugs and shown their support!
Magic Knight Rayearth GG English Language Translation Patch Released
02 August 2018 9:13PM EST - Update by filler
Filler and Supper have completed a fully playable English language translation patch for Mahou Kishi Rayearth a.k.a. Magic Knight Rayearth on the Game Gear. Published by SEGA and released on Dec 16, 1994, Magic Knight Rayearth is a short RPG based on the manga/anime series of the same name. It follows an alternate story-line where Mokona runs off and the three girls have to find them.
The project was originally started in 2004 when Filler dumped and translated some of the script text, and it was recently revived when Supper took the reins about 5 months ago. 11,777 script lines, 200+ kb of C++ code, 2,156 lines of assembly hacks, 60k of additional Japanese script translation, and many many hours later, the project is now ready for the public.
Thanks go out to Cccmar for completing a beta test play-through, 730 for their assistance on the script translation forum, Ded302 for their original efforts at hacking the game, Supper for the super-human hacking and graphics work, and Filler for starting the project and seeing the script translation through to the end. It’s worth checking the readme for the full story of the technical work performed on the project. Please enjoy!
NBA Jam TE (SNES) Hack Released! (Double Z Mod)
02 August 2018 9:01AM EST - Update by eskayelle
Eskayelle has issued his Double Z Mod of the SNES classic, NBA Jam – Tournament Edition . A project two summers in the making, the hack started innocently with the discovery of Mattrizzle’s Player Portrait Replacement Tutorial and various correspondence regarding NBA Jam Hacks on the RHDN forums. Armed with this information, the initial game plan was to add Michael Jordan to the ROM, and perhaps himself and a few friends.
Learning more and more about ROM hacking, eskayelle expanded the hack to hex, text, and portrait editing (version 1), then tiles and sprites (version 2), moving into ASM hacking in his latest iteration (version 3).
Since then, the Double Z Mod has become a quintessential “Roaring ‘90s” hack, with several secret characters from the era inserted, including:
- Hulk Hogan
- “The Heartbreak Kid” Shawn Michaels
- David Hasselhoff
- Arnold Schwarzenegger
- O.J. Simpson
- Bo Jackson – with Tecmo Bowl-esque speed!
Correspondingly, the team order has been updated to follow the season and playoff standings for the 1992-93 NBA season, with Chicago updated for the 1996 72-10 Chicago Bulls roster and Detroit stacked with the Motor City Bad Boys. Additionally, the Rookies team has been replaced by the 1992 Team USA squad, the Dream Team, from players, to logo, to team name, to uniform palette!
Meanwhile some bugs present in the original game have been resolved:
- The Grand Champions attract mode screen will now display certain players who have beaten all 27 teams, depending on their wins tally.
- The injury stats will reset at tip-off of every game, ensuring that the same teams/same lineups will not experience a carry-over of injury tallies from game 1 to game 2.
With a readme that provides detailed steps regarding the process for updating the original ROM, and a fair amount of credit to some great hackers and utility developers, the game has gone from a personal hack just for fun to a proof in concept and potential tutorial document for other would-be NBA Jam TE hackers. Writes eskayelle, “Writing the readme in this manner helped me track progress and revert the ROM back to certain versions when a bug or a bad crash was encountered. It could be a good tool for anyone out there who’d like to hack the game… maybe it’ll encourage a group to consider an annual team/roster update, akin to what’s currently being done for Tecmo Bowl. I’d love to help some folks get something like that off the ground, or just share some of the other data I’ve been accumulating about the game. It’d be great to share that info with folks new to hacking or some veterans – perhaps they could help teach me a few things about sound pointers and BRR replacements.”
If you’re up for a good game of Jam or want to peruse the other features changed, please head over to http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/4097/. Constructive criticism is more than welcome, and – if you’d like to provide some mentoring on hacking ASM, sounds, etc. – or if you’d like more information on the hack or the original ROM to assist in your own efforts, please feel free to PM eskayelle directly or sound off in the forums.
IPS Peek Goes Open Source
02 August 2018 8:57AM EST - Update by VectorMan
After several years of inactivity, VectorMan, the author of IPS Peek, the International Patching System Explorer, has decided to open source his code. You can find the source code on Github. It is released under GPLv3. Feel free to help clean things up, add new features, and fork a copy. The author is looking forward to accepting your pull requests. Let’s make it cooler, together :).