(101 to 110) of 2154 Results
Gurren Lagann NDS game now available in English!
02 January 2021 11:52AM EST - Update by PhantomandGhost
This is the story of a man who has yet to realize what destiny holds in store for him..
A full English translation of the 2008 NDS game Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann (based on the hit anime of the same name) has been released!
In the distant future, mankind has lived quietly and restlessly underground for hundreds of years, subject to earthquakes and cave-ins. Living in one such village are 2 young men: one named Simon who is shy and naïve, and the other named Kamina who believes in the existence of a “surface” world above their heads. The destiny of these two starts moving drastically when the ceiling of their village falls in, and a gigantic “Gunmen” and a beautiful girl named Yoko, wielding a superconductive rifle, come from the surface. Together, Kamina, Simon and Yoko ride the mecha “Lagann” that Simon digs out of the ground, and fly up to the surface!
A retelling of the anime’s storyline, the game features some alternative and exclusive content, including 3 new characters and an extra ending.
Fans may recognise two of the new characters, originally known as “Tetori” and “Ziggitalis” from the OVA (also known as Episode 5.5), which was bundled with the limited-edition release of the game and fan-subbed by Nyoro~n. In celebration of the patch release, they were remastered by the team and are available for download on Phantom’s tumblr.
Full of the humour, action and the boundless optimism that made the anime a hit, this game is a must-play for new or old fans alike!
Excellent Improvement for Digimon World 2
31 December 2020 9:53AM EST - Update by gledson999
A few years ago when Digimon World 2 was released, it was an incredible experience, but of course, there were a lot of things missing in the game that were never released in the final version.
This Improvement Hack adds a lot of things that were in the game, but never activated, fixes wrong models and sprites, translates Japanese removed tech and activates them in the game and finally adds extra features.
- BlackWarGreymon added on Kimeramon Trio in Tera Domain’s 99th floor
- BlackWarGreymon’s TERRA DESTROYER tech added
- BlackWarGreymon is VERY HARD and STRONGEST BOSS
- BlackWarGreymon is not capturable
- Exit Game menu added in Digital City
- Extra Dungeon “Dark Tower” added in Kernel Zone
- MaxDrive and Chips are now buyable in Device Dome
- Chaos-WarGreymon is now available in Dark Tower
- Chaos-MetalSeadramon is now available in Dark Tower
- Chaos-Pierrotmon is now available in Dark Tower
- Sub-boss ChaosLord is now available in Dark Tower
- NeoCrimson is now available in Dark Tower
- Virus Guardian is now available in Dark Tower
- Data Guardian is now available in Dark Tower
- Vaccine Guardian is now available in Dark Tower
- OverLord GAIA 1st Form is now available in Dark Tower
- OverLord GAIA 2nd Form is now available in Dark Tower
- PocketStation Mode added from Japanese version
- Fixed wrong sprites model on Baihumon, Omnimon and Diaboromon
- Fixed original tech on Baihumon, Omnimon and Diaboromon
Translated Japanese tech and activated in game!
- せいどうほう to Bronze cannon
- てっこそう to Iron Claws
- オメガヒール to Omega Heal
- パラダイスロスト to Paradise Lost
Features never activated in the game, but files was inside the disc
- Kimeramon activated and available on Tera Domain’s 99th Floor
- Kimeramon now have you proper sprite model
- Sharmamon activated and available
- ModikiBetamon activated and available
- Zassomon activated and available
- Psychemon activated and available
- Aruraumon activated and available
- Muchomon activated and available
- Geremon activated and available
- Fugamon activated and available
- Sharmamon now can digivolve to Fugamon
That’s all folks! Enjoy new challenges and enjoy even more this nostalgic experience from the past.
Battle Kart 64 - Expanding the Battle Mode in Mario Kart 64
27 December 2020 8:02PM EST - Update by triclon
For far too long, the Battle Mode in Mario Kart 64 has been limited to one elimination game mode where each player has 3 balloons, 4 courses, and only playing against human players. Battle Mode had so much untapped potential, just waiting to be unlocked.
Battle Kart 64 is an exciting new hack by Triclon that greatly expands and adds all sorts of new goodies to Battle Mode in Mario Kart 64, breathing new life into this 20+ year old multiplayer experience.
New Game Modes!
- An expanded traditional battle mode.
- “Hot Potato” featuring a timer on whoever was hit last and counts down to zero. Whoever is the “hot potato” when the timer reaches zero loses 1 HP.
- “Squish” where you need to hit, lightning shrink, and then run over the shrunken player to score.
New Scoring Modes!
- Stock scoring where you can now set set the number of hit points, instead of just having 3 balloons.
- Timed matches where whoever has the least amount of hits when the timer reaches zero wins. Ties go to sudden death.
- Team matches of 2 vs. 2 or 2 vs. 1 with both point and time scoring.
All the race courses now will load in Battle Mode!
- All 16 race courses can now be played in Battle Mode.
- Great for Koopa Troopa Beach or Kalamari Desert.
- You can turn items on and off like in Super Smash Bros.
- Hate stars? Just turn them off.
CPU bots in Battle Mode!
- Now you can play battle mode by yourself.
- A lot of work has gone into making bots that will actually track you down and aim their items at you.
- Best played in Block Fort or Double Deck or on wide open race courses.
And a whole slew of other options!
- Flat courses!
- Ludicrous speed!
- And more!!
Battle Kart 64 will continue to be under active development so the future will bring even more game modes and features.
Christmas with Wizardry 1 WonderSwan Color port now fully playable in English!
25 December 2020 9:06AM EST - Update by Gamerhenky
It’s time for an announcement for the release of Wizardry Scenario #1: Proving Grounds of the Mad Overlord English Translation for WonderSwan Color that was released only in Japan. However, the rest of other scenarios (Knight of Diamonds and Legacy of Llylgamyn) were never released on this system.
This particular handheld port is not just simply a remake like the previous ones (NES, SNES, GBC, PSX, Windows). It introduced exclusive new features such as showing pictures for related items and events, new exclusive versions of weapons and items that weren’t originally available, a free automap feature, the ability to download New Maze and Shopping via Wonder Gate, and finally a new unlockable Survival Mode once the game is cleared. The Survival Mode is basically defeating waves of monsters without getting wiped out and achieving the high score.
This hack translates the option screens (with some string limitations) as well re-translates everything that was wrong with it, such as many grammar errors particularly for English mode that was still present in the original game now fixed.
Hope you enjoyed with it and Happy Holiday to everyone!
First Nintendo Vs. System Game in 30 Years!
22 December 2020 6:52PM EST - Update by mhughson
Introducing Vs. From Below!
A brand new game for the Vs. Nintendo System. The first of it’s kind in 30 years!
From Below is a brand new game released for the NES in November 2020, and ported to the Vs. Arcade system shortly after. It has gone through extensive updates to make this a true Vs. System game, and not just a quick port.
- Redesigned Menus and Title Screen
- All Settings Configurable via Dipswitches
- Attract Mode
- Free Play
- Maintenance Button and Coin Counter Supported
- Support all PPUs (RP2C04-0001/2/3/4, 2C03, 2C05 and even 2C02 [NES]).
- Works on both Vs. Unisystem and Dualsystem (both sides)
- Original Instruction Card (with printing instructions)
Download the game and learn more at http://vs.frombelowgame.com
Lunar: Eternal Blue Unworked 2.0 released
22 December 2020 6:51PM EST - Update by Ms. Tea
The 2.0 version of the Lunar: Eternal Blue Unworked patch has been released!
When it was localized by Working Designs, Lunar: Eternal Blue for Sega CD had a lot of very controversial gameplay changes - from needing to use experience points to save the game, to jacking up the difficulty of most fights. This patch reverts all of that back to the Japanese version while keeping the official translation, restores the Japanese version’s uncensored graphics, and switches to a much easier-to-read font. No more all-caps dialogue!
The old 1.0 version of the patch was released on the Romhacking.net forums, but it had a few cutscenes which would desync along with slow loading times and a few bugs. The new 2.0 version fixes all of those problems while also fixing a large number of issues with the script.
Final Fantasy IV: Ultima v20k NG+ Edition
20 December 2020 7:53AM EST - Update by Ace_Aileron
Final Fantasy IV: Ultima is considered to be the apex of the FFIV rom-hacking genre and with the introduction of a New Game Plus feature, it once again has pushed the boundaries of what’s possible within the FFIV universe.
While many editions use the foundation of Final Fantasy IV “Vanilla” to bring a new experience (e.g. story, characters, randomization), Ultima provides a perfect amalgamation of everything loved about the original, as well as the components of the subsequent editions that made them unique: new dungeons, equipment and party swapping in FFIV: Advanced and a host of new abilities from the DS version. Additionally, Ultima has introduced players to things never thought possible for this game: enhanced items and equipment, magically-infused weapons, a host of new “super bosses”, and the pinnacle of the game; a boss rush where players get to challenge all the bosses they’ve previously conquered with a host of new surprises.
Each new release of FFIV: Ultima has brought a host of new content that makes every playthrough its own unique experience. While some releases had been originally flagged as the “final version” because there was simply no way to add additional content, the development team continues to shock the RHDN community by pushing the envelope, which speaks to the tenacity of those behind the curtains. With version 12, players once again found themselves experiencing new dungeons, items, and bosses but nothing would prepare the community for what would come next…a “New Game Plus” (NG+) mode – a feature that has been sought after since the game’s original release.
Not content with just bringing players a NG+ mode, the development team took things a step further and increased both the level and stats cap for characters which opens during the NG+. A player who took the time to grind all their characters to level 99 would not find themselves limited in their secondary playthrough but could strengthen their party to new heights never experienced or thought possible. This allows players to not only have a brand new experience but helps provide a more leisurely approach to even the game’s most challenging content.
On behalf of the Final Fantasy IV: Ultima development team, thank you for your continued support as the game surpasses 20,000 downloads and here’s to 20,000 more!
Super Robot Wars: Original Generations (PS2) translation released
18 December 2020 1:15PM EST - Update by KC
After being in the works for six years, Kingcom is pleased to unveil and release a full translation of the 2007 PlayStation 2 game, Super Robot Wars: Original Generations.
The game is an expanded remake of the 2002 and 2005 Game Boy Advance games Super Robot Wars Original: Generation 1 and Super Robot Wars Original: Generation 2. Aside from having much higher production values, it also introduced several major changes to the gameplay and storyline that future games in the series expanded on.
Please see the project page for a download link and further information.
Make your NBA Jam TE mod razzle dazzle with this document!
16 December 2020 6:54PM EST - Update by eskayelle
Armed with the new Hacking NBA Jam TE: An Intermediate Guide, you can modify…
- The secret player table (including expanding it!)
- Cycling through team roster combinations
- Extra abilities in players
- Court graphics
- Sound clips (including expanding them)
- Par codes
- And more…
If you find the document helpful, and it leads you to coming up with a great NBA Jam hack, please be sure to credit some of the great folks who’ve provided so much of the information within the document. And… be sure to share that hack!
Christmas comes to Pac-Land!
16 December 2020 3:16PM EST - Update by Dr. Chill
It’s a Christmas miracle!
Pac-Man GB - Redux is seeing its most major update in the two years since its original release back in 2018, just in time to cap off 40 years of the great yellow one no less! In addition to the new Pac-Mania inspired character sprites, tweaks and fixes made in Anniv. Redux, Version 1.5 of GB Redux also sees the introduction of an all-new alternate patch dubbed ‘Classic Redux.’
Where Anniv. Redux focuses on redesigning as much of the game as possible with original, shaded spritework, Classic Redux is all about adapting the simple-yet-iconic arcade graphics to the Game Boy’s four-color screen – and doing a better job of it than the original release did back in 1990.
Regardless of which version suits your tastes better, please enjoy the newly-updated Pac-Man GB - Redux!