(91 to 100) of 2134 Results
Star Fox Exploration Showcase 7.00 released!
15 December 2020 4:32PM EST - Update by kandowontu
The latest and greatest update ever can be summed up into 3 points:
- 2 Player Mode!
- Useful Teammates!
- Scoring Mode!
In the latest update, you can start 2 player mode with Y+Select. Your teammate is controlled with 2p joypad, can fire, fly, barrel roll, fire bombs, and can change weapons with R+X. The border is dynamically resizing, and the screen is in a static position. Have fun with your friends and try a new twist on an old classic!
Your teammates are also actually useful. They used to come out and fire 6 shots straight when you save them and then disappear. Now, they actively hunt down targets and will fire 60 times before going away. Want more? Summon one any time with X and Select!
Like Star Fox Scored Edition’s scoring mode? Well enable it in SFES with X+Y on the title screen! It has the same changes as SF:SE as far as exploitable point patching and endlessly looping levels un-looped. Compete for a high score!
- Two player mode! (Hold Y and press Select) to spawn a ship for your friend!
- Dynamically adjusting frame/zoom level dependant on the ships’ locations
- Still just a WIP/test, but ship idle hover, movement pivot, center chase, z rotation, barrel rolls, firing and bombs are implemented. HP, smoother movements, death not implemented yet.
- Imported scoring system from Star Fox: Scored Edition 1.25:
- Enable by holding Y and pressing X on the title screen (you will hear a sound and the whale will be replaced with an Andross Cube)
- While enabled, Black hole always exits at the third exit if you haven’t exited yet, Titania always does the weather change, Space Armada forces you into the ships and continues whether or not you have destroyed the core.
- See the included Scored Edition Changes.txt for additional information about the scoring system.
- Added Weapon 98, just like Weapon 99 but without object removal. Soft-lock free.
- Reduced fire rate of Weapon 99. Soft-lock free(?)
- Weapon selection no longer resets on each level.
- Moved sound test to title screen, cycle through with A and B.
- Added ability to use planet select cheat even after beating a level.
- Planet Skip cheat can access 2 new “courses”, which just go to OOTD and Black Hole.
- Teammates are actually useful and help out for a little while after saving them.
- Teammates have some unique colors and show them in all scenes.
- Teammate assistant can be spawned by (Hold X and Press SELECT) (Repeat to despawn).
- You can now restart the game after the credits are completed by hitting START.
- Sorry Titania, your weather changer is broken. The weather changes by itself now.
- Fixed helperballs not spawning on Venom.
- Adjusted Professor Hangar (2-3 boss) - only 3 fish spawn instead of 5 while he is recharging.
- Disable switching into isometric/drunk view in tunnels
- Disable view changes during cutscenes/no control sections
Thank you for playing, and see you for the next update! Bigger and better things are always on the way!
SMK Mirror Mode - A new twist on a old classic!
14 December 2020 5:29PM EST - Update by Dirtbag
Super Mario Kart Mirror Mode is a high quality collaborative hack by the SMKWorkshop team that brings new life into the original classic. First introduced as an unlockable class in Mario Kart 64 a mirror mode has been included in every iteration of Mario Kart since Double Dash!! The original Super Mario Kart never featured an official mirror mode.
After playing another mirror mode hack that was fun, but not without issues R4M0N set out to create a mathematically perfect mirrored set of tracks programmatically using Excel marcos. Dirtbag inserted the track data back into the ROM, created a new title screen and with the help of MrL314 re-coded the demos to work correctly and added some ASM hacks to give the hack a few extra mirrored features.
Play this new twist on a old classic featuring the following changes:
- All 24 track layouts perfectly mirrored
- All track overlays mirrored (GP, TT and Vs. Modes)
- Object placements Mirrored, including Ghost Valley’s pillars
- CPU AI Mirrored
- Mirrored animated tiles (Water, Lava, etc.)
- Mirrored track background layouts
- Mirrored title screen animation routine
- Mirrored demo input recordings
- Mirrored player select screen
- Mirrored race results screen background and animations
- Mirrored cup select screen animations
- Mirrored podium background, and cloud direction
- Additional mirrored track tiles where required
ROM size has been kept to 512KB - One of the aims of this hack was to do in in an elegant way as possible and keep within the confine of the original ROM size
Bug reports and any feedback can be posted here: http://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php?topic=31695.0
The $400 dungeon crawler: Madou Monogatari I: Honoo no Sotsuenji translation released
14 December 2020 8:56AM EST - Update by Supper
LIPEMCO! Translations is proud to present a complete English translation of Madou Monogatari Ⅰ: Honoo no Sotsuenji (Sorcery Saga Ⅰ: The Fiery Kindergarten Graduation) for the PC-Engine CD!
Sorcery Kindergarten has very strict requirements for graduation. Indeed, this year, only one person even qualified to take the final exam at all: six-year-old Arle Nadja, who now faces the daunting task of climbing the monster-infested Magic Tower and retrieving the three Magic Orbs hidden within in order to graduate. What trials await Arle inside the Tower? Can she pass the test, or will she be doomed to another year of kindergarten?
Madou Monogatari Ⅰ is a 1996 dungeon crawler for the PC-Engine Super CD-ROM² system. It’s a remake of the first game in the Madou Monogatari series, originally developed by Compile for the MSX2 computer and subsequently ported to several other platforms. The various ports differ wildly from each other, sometimes to the point of being almost completely different games; though the PC-Engine version is based on the original home computer editions, it adds high-quality cutscenes, CD audio, near-full voice acting, and many extra events, monsters, and items.
Released in limited quantities at the very, very end of the PC-Engine’s lifespan, the game is somewhat notorious for its rarity, often fetching the equivalent of $400+ in Japanese auctions on the rare occasion it’s sold at all. It’s also one of a very small number of games to require the use of the Arcade Card RAM expansion peripheral.
This patch fully translates the game into English. In addition to translating the text, it also adds subtitles to all voice-only cutscenes.
This project was the work of LIPEMCO! Translations: Supper (hacking), TheMajinZenki (translation), cccmar (editing and testing), and Xanathis (testing). The same group has also produced translations for several other games in the series, including Madou Monogatari II and Madou Monogatari III for the Game Gear, as well as the Mega Drive version of this game, which despite sharing the title has drastically different content.
The authors hope you’ll enjoy this rare and unusual game!
What started as a simple roster update became a monster! A monster jam, that is!
11 December 2020 5:49PM EST - Update by eskayelle
Eskayelle / Double Z’s next iteration in the 2Kxx series goes beyond portrait and roster revisions. Armed with the tutelage of heavy hitters phonymike and Mattrizzle, 2K21 is packed with the following features:
- Title screen edited to reflect 2K21.
- Team roll call screen and center court edited to reflect 2K21 in NBA Jam TE logo.
- Various roster updates.
- Various player replacements.
- Various portrait updates.
- Various sound replacements.
- New banners.
- Attract mode text edits (”ATTENTION NBA FANS” screen and features screens).
- Ending text and end credits text edits.
- New secret players.
- Expanded secret player table AND allowance for record saving and campaign mode play.
- Team select screen allows backward cycling through player combinations.
- Update to play full/longer announcer sound clips.
- Team campaign order revised for 2019-20 season.
- Play as Benny the Bull in all his red glory!
- End of quarter/game shoe and tile dimming bugfix.
- Options menu color bug fix.
- Remapping of campaign mode difficulty increments from individual players to teams.
- Sound clip added when successfully entering a Konami code on the Start menu.
Plus, don’t forget all the previous features from NBA Jam 2K20 TE!
Star Fox: Scored Edition Released
07 December 2020 10:25PM EST - Update by kandowontu
Star Fox Weekend Competition is loved for its in-game scoring system.
Well now you can enjoy the same scoring system in the retail version of the game!
This has been optimized to eliminate any way to exploit points infinitely, creating the ultimate go-to for Star Fox high score competitions!
Some changes from the retail build include:
- Force weather change in 2-3
- Force exits and level progression in Space Armada (1-3)
- Force exit on 3rd exit in Black Hole
The game has gone through rigorous testing and quality checking by Patch93 down to the smallest details. This latest build 1.25 should be the final build.
Enjoy, and let the competitions begin!
Ore ga Omae o Mamoru - Metroidvania For Girls?!
07 December 2020 10:51AM EST - Update by PhantomandGhost
Ore ga Omae o Mamoru is an action-adventure dungeon crawler, created by the short-lived brand Otomate Forte, who specialised in games targeted at girls outside of the typical visual-novel genre.
Originally developed by Vingt et un Systems as an action RPG, several big names in the Otome field such as character artist Kazuki Yone were brought in to create a game that would appeal to a wider audience.
The result? You’ll have to decide for yourself! Noted by Japanese fans for being surprisingly challenging, English speakers now have a chance to play this interesting piece of history thanks to the release of a fully playable English patch!
Defeat ancient beasts as you navigate your way through a labyrinth of ancient ruins, searching for the place where the mysterious stone known as Magicite lies…
View an English trailer made for the patch here!
From Below, A Brand New Homebrew for the NES
05 December 2020 11:11AM EST - Update by mhughson
From Below, a brand new homebrew game for your NES, is out now… and it’s free!
You can download it today at https://www.romhacking.net/homebrew/133/
Come join the discord too! We are having a small competition to make your name the default in “high score table” of the next version of the game.
Updated Hacks Added to the Database
02 December 2020 10:28AM EST - Update by RHDNBot
This is an automated message generated by ROMhacking.net’s RHDNBot.
The following Hacks updates have been submitted and approved to the database (in submitted order oldest to newest):
- Legend of Zelda Challenge Outlands- Zed Edition (The Legend of Zelda)(NES)
- Super Mario Bros 3 Graphic Improvement (Super Mario Bros. 3)(NES)
- Description Disruption (Final Fantasy III)(SNES)
- Return of the Dark Sorcerer (Final Fantasy III)(SNES)
- Elvira’s Monster Party (Monster Party)(NES)
- EightBound (EarthBound)(SNES)
- Ultima: Exodus Remastered (Ultima: Exodus)(NES)
- Megaman 1 - The New Lands (Mega Man)(NES)
- The Legend of Zelda - Perils of Darkness (The Legend of Zelda)(NES)
- Bowser Vs. Wario (Super Mario Bros.)(NES)
- Luigi and the Christmas Quest (Super Mario Bros.)(NES)
- Super Mario Bros. - Yoshi’s Quest (Super Mario Bros.)(NES)
- ReCast FF3: War of the Magitek (Final Fantasy III)(SNES)
- Super Mario All Stars NES (Super Mario Bros. 3)(NES)
- SOR2 - Final Fight Crossover 2019-2020 (Streets of Rage 2)(GEN)
- SOR2 - FF Xover 2019-2020 - Special “Air Juggle” Edition (Streets of Rage 2)(GEN)
- Castlevania Labyrinth (The Bugs Bunny Crazy Castle)(NES)
- F-Zero Parallel Dimension (F-Zero)(SNES)
- Cleopatra Pizza Delivery (Super Mario Bros. 2)(NES)
- Pokemon Water Blue (Pokémon: FireRed Version)(GBA)
- Pokemon Fire Red Rival Variation (Pokémon: FireRed Version)(GBA)
- Pokemon Fire Red Legends (Pokémon: FireRed Version)(GBA)
- Pokémon: Ruby - Festa 2002 Demo Recreation (Pokémon: Ruby Version)(GBA)
- Blaster Master (Wastelands) (Blaster Master)(NES)
- Star Fox Exploration Showcase (Star Fox)(SNES)
- Blaster Master (Savanna) (Blaster Master)(NES)
- Phantasy Star II - Retranslation & Improvements (Phantasy Star II)(GEN)
- Blaster Master (Quadrant) (Blaster Master)(NES)
- Pokemon Factory Adventure (Pokémon: Red Version)(GB)
- Mega Man Wily’s Conquest 2 - Hyper Edition Turbo! (Mega Man 2)(NES)
- Super Mario Bros. Desert Land (Super Mario Bros.)(NES)
- 42 Balloons: The Balloon Fight Collection (Balloon Fight)(NES)
- Pokemon Gold and Silver 97: Reforged (Pokémon: Crystal Version)(GB)
- Final Fantasy II: A Threat from Within, Part 1 (Final Fantasy II)(SNES)
- Final Fantasy IV - Ultima (Final Fantasy II)(SNES)
- New Super Mario World (Super Mario World)(SNES)
- Castlevania - Prince of Darkness (Castlevania)(NES)
- Castlevania III - Carmilla’s Edition (Castlevania III: Dracula’s Curse)(NES)
- Super Mario Unlimited - Deluxe (Super Mario Bros.)(NES)
- Super Mario Kart: Super Circuit Demake (Super Mario Kart)(SNES)
- Super Mario Bros. CO OP Christmas Edition (Super Mario Bros.)(NES)
- Rockman 7 EP (Mega Man 7)(SNES)
- Clock Tower Deluxe (Clock Tower)(SNES)
- Contra: Hard Corps - INVASION v3.3 (Contra: Hard Corps)(GEN)
- SMAS Improvement Hack (Super Mario All-Stars)(SNES)
- Porco Rosso (1943 NES Hack) (1943: The Battle of Midway)(NES)
- Final Fantasy VI: Revised Old Style Edition (Final Fantasy III)(SNES)
- Super Mochtroid (Metroid)(NES)
- Final Fight - Arcade Remix (Final Fight)(SNES)
- Project ZM (Metroid: Zero Mission)(GBA)
- Rally-X NES Edition (BB Car)(NES)
- Final Fight One - Redux Edition (Final Fight One)(GBA)
- Menu Upgrades (Dragon Warrior II)(NES)
- Final Fantasy Tactics - War of the Lions Tweak (Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions)(PSP)
- Super BOOio Bros. (Super Mario Bros.)(NES)
- Dragon Quest: Delocalized (Dragon Warrior)(NES)
- Pac-Man - NES Improvement (Pac-Man)(NES)
- Arcana - Seal of Rimsala (Arcana)(SNES)
- Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 Project (Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3)(SNES)
- Kinnikuman: Dreammatch (M.U.S.C.L.E.)(NES)
- Final Fight One - Arcade Remix (Final Fight One)(GBA)
- The Legend of Zelda - Relocalized (The Legend of Zelda)(NES)
- Sonic Improvement Vol.2 (Somari the Adventurer)(NES)
- Seiken Densetsu 3 / Trials of Mana - Better Starting Stat (Seiken Densetsu 3)(SNES)
- SMB3 Fixed Outlines (Super Mario Bros. 3)(NES)
- Ayrton Senna Name Patch (ft. Jean Alesi) (Super F1 Circus 2)(SNES)
- Super Mario Bros. 3 - Speedrunner’s Edition (Super Mario Bros. 3)(NES)
- neoFFL2 v5.300 (Final Fantasy Legend II)(GB)
- Mega Man 2 - QoL Fixes (Mega Man 2)(NES)
- Minor Tweak Pack (Final Fantasy Tactics Advance)(GBA)
- Zelda 2 Redux (Zelda II: The Adventure of Link)(NES)
- Dragon Quest III: Delocalized (Dragon Warrior III)(NES)
- Heathcliff (Tiny Toon Adventures)(NES)
- Super Mario Bros - Among Us Edition (Super Mario Bros.)(NES)
- Dr. Garfield (Dr. Mario)(NES)
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Return to New York (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles)(NES)
- Castlevania: Symphony of the Night - Quality hack (Castlevania: Symphony of the Night)(PSX)
- Espers Giveth, Espers Taketh (Final Fantasy III)(SNES)
- Final Fantasy VI - Ted Woolsey Uncensored Edition (Final Fantasy III)(SNES)
- Dragon Quest II: Delocalized (Dragon Warrior II)(NES)
- Willow No Flash Hack (Willow)(NES)
- Harvest Moon - Intuitive Ranch Master (Harvest Moon)(SNES)
- Panel de Pon Options Menu Restoration (Tetris Attack)(SNES)
- Dr. Garfield (GB/GBC) (Dr. Mario)(GB)
- Doom 64 Brightness + Features Menu (Doom 64)(N64)
- Ocarina of Time Redux (The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time)(N64)
- Majora’s Mask Redux (The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask)(N64)
- Seiken Densetsu 3 / Trials of Mana - Black Rabite (Seiken Densetsu 3)(SNES)
- Seiken Densetsu 3 / Trials of Mana - Item Shop Change (Seiken Densetsu 3)(SNES)
- GoldenEye Unlock Everything (GoldenEye 007)(N64)
- Pokemon Mystery Dungeon - Red Rescue Team EX (Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team)(GBA)
- Star Fox - Scored Edition (Star Fox)(SNES)
Updated Translations Added to the Database
02 December 2020 10:28AM EST - Update by RHDNBot
This is an automated message generated by ROMhacking.net’s RHDNBot.
The following Translations updates have been submitted and approved to the database (in submitted order oldest to newest):
- Shatterhand (Fully Playable)(NES)
- Super Mario World (Fully Playable)(SNES)
- Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake (Addendum)(MSX)
- Final Fantasy VII (Fully Playable)(PSX)
- SD Gundam Gaiden: Knight Gundam Monogatari (Fully Playable)(NES)
- Valhollian (Fully Playable)(SAT)
- Wizardry I-II-III: Story of Llylgamyn (Addendum)(SNES)
- Jajamaru Ninpou Chou (Fully Playable)(NES)
- Princess Tomato in the Salad Kingdom (Fully Playable)(NES)
- Yo! Noid (Fully Playable)(NES)
- Star Cruiser (Fully Playable)(GEN)
- Nayuta no Kiseki (Addendum)(PSP)
- Hataraku Chocobo (Fully Playable)(WS)
- Secret of Mana (Fully Playable)(SNES)
- Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon: Another Story (Fully Playable)(SNES)
- YaruDora: Double Cast (Fully Playable)(PSP)
- EarthBound (Fully Playable)(SNES)
- EarthBound (Fully Playable)(SNES)
- Drill Dozer (Fully Playable)(GBA)
- Suikoden (Addendum)(PSX)
- Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon S (Fully Playable)(GG)
- Final Fantasy III (Fully Playable)(SNES)
- Chrono Trigger (Fully Playable)(SNES)
- Tetris Battle Gaiden (Fully Playable)(SNES)
- Solstice: The Quest for the Staff of Demnos (Fully Playable)(NES)
- Mario Kart 64 (Fully Playable)(N64)
- Star Ocean: Blue Sphere (Fully Playable)(GB)
Super Mario Unlimited updated with new Deluxe version
27 November 2020 10:22AM EST - Update by frantik
Inspired by the likes of DahrkDaiz, ATA and other great rom hackers of the mid-2000s, Frantik started work on Super Mario Unlimited with the hopes of creating his own asm-heavy Mario masterpiece. It took close to 7 years, but eventually the game was released to the world in late 2011. Overall the hack was well received and was even featured in a video by James Rolfe of AVGN fame. Despite the popularity, it was a little rough around the edges, most notably with some questionable choices near the end and a little too much of that infamous “Nintendo Hard”.
In 2017 Frantik decided to go back and start adding a bit more polish, and Super Mario Unlimited - Deluxe was born. Everything good about the original has been made better, and everything bad has been removed, or at least cleaned up. This is the original vision Frantik had when he started 15 years ago!
Super Mario Unlimited Deluxe is a traditional-style Mario hack with difficulty ramping up from beginner to expert. It is based on the Super Mario Bros engine, but has been completely reworked into a whole new adventure.
Changes from the original game include:
- 41 Original Levels!
- Unlimited Lives!
- New Power-up! The stopwatch lets Mario freeze his enemies
- New Mechanics! Mario can super jump off enemies by holding A
- New Collectable! Find all 32 Mario coins to unlock secrets
- New Graphics and Music! A familiar mix of new and old
New features and changes in this DELUXE version:
- Save your progress with three save game slots
- All new Bowser fight with new music
- A “secret message” at the end of each world
- Attempt counter aka lives counter
- Mario coin count is displayed on screen
- Indicator displayed for when a Mario coin has been picked up
- Hidden power up blocks are now partially visible
- Different end game text depending on how you play the game
- Bowser’s castle expanded with a second route
- World 6-5 expanded
- Bonus hidden level added
- “Speed runner mode” - Can you beat your personal record?
- Second Quest / “Hard Mode”
- Many more tweaks, bug fixes and edits!
A strategy guide with detailed information on all cheats and secrets, as well as cover art for use with NES Classic are also included in the archive.