(1771 to 1780) of 1962 Results
Madara Translation Released
26 September 2006 11:52PM EST - Update by Gideon Zhi
After a more years than I care to remember, Aeon Genesis has finally released a complete translation patch for Madara on the NES. It’s a decent game, with a superb soundtrack and some excellent cinematics it’s quite the technical feat for the NES, and the hacking work is absolutely top class. There are no known issues, so share and enjoy!
26 September 2006 3:56PM EST - Update by disroyal
Kammedo writes that Hector has reappeard and sent him a update to the Arabian Nights script. He also says that he got an almost glitch free dump of the Bakumatsu Korinden Oni 2 script.
Hector also has the the whole script for Power Soukouban translated:
Also, Hector asked me to hack Power Soukouban, for which he got the whole script translated. It seems that gapetto (the guy who was previosly working on it) disappeared. If that’s not the case, well please then let us know! We don’t want to steal anything ^^ !
And last but not least:
We’ve got a big update for you to come. In the next weeks. Yes you read it right. Stay tuned.
New Submitted Hacks Added to the Database
24 September 2006 7:50PM EST - Update by RHDNBot
This is an automated message generated by ROMhacking.net’s RHDNBot.
The following Hacks have been submitted and approved to the database (in submitted order oldest to newest):
- Astyanax Remix (Complete)
- Metroid Genocide (Complete)
- Zelda II - Part 2 (Complete)
- Justin And Friends (Complete)
- Mortal Kombat : Dullard Cheat Menu Enhancement (Bug Fix)
- Ember Hack (Improvement)
- Super Mario Kart - The Impala Battles (Complete)
- Zelda 3 : Time & Day/Night cycling system (Improvement)
- Mario + Toad (Improvement)
- Super Mario Adventures (Improvement)
- Sonic 3D Blast Time Attack (Improvement)
FDS Explorer 1.3 Beta Released!
24 September 2006 6:02AM EST - Update by Neil
FDSExplorer is a windows based disk manipulation, disassembler, and hex viewer for Famicom Disk System images (read “ROMs” for those of you who have no clue what disk images are). It was writtenby the author of aNES, an Amiga NES emulator and relies on the .NET framework (version 1.1) to run.
Feel 1.0 released
23 September 2006 10:35PM EST - Update by Yauch
Ristar was one of the last Genesis games released and never really got the exposure it deserved. Now drx has written an editor for it so hopfully people will dig the unique gamplay and make some interesting hacks.
Feel 1.0 released. Lets you edit levels in Ristar and view other neat stuff. Grab it from the utilities section.
While hacking Ristar, I had to crack a compression format used to compress nearly everything in the game, so I cracked it and called the format the ‘Star’ compression. The decompressor I wrote is in the utilities section.
Breath of Fire 2 Re-translation/Improvement Hack Update
13 September 2006 11:55AM EST - Update by Equiz
d4s updated his BoF2 blog a couple of weeks ago, stating that betatesting of the German translation had started although there is no set deadline. Patch release should not be far away, and surely the English one isn’t as well.
What has been done, according to ds4:
- Completely formatted, proof-read and revised dialogue script. due to my recently improved japanese skills, i was also able to compare the german, english and japanese script side-by-side, correcting some errors and restoring the stuff that got censored out, such as various jokes concerning eichichis tits and the likes. already played through the game once and fixed the remaining textual issues.
- Enlarged character names. All names have been restored to match the japanese original.
- Variable width font for the enemy names. Again, translated enemy names now match these of the japanese version. Some names have kept their japanese reading because they would either sound shitty in german or aren’t translateable at all.
- Pseudo 3d-overworld. I always thought that bof2s overworld looked rather bland, so i went ahead and beefed it up a bit. Due to various technical limitations, the effect is of a rather subtile nature, but its an improvement over the original nevertheless. This effect works similar to the 3d-levels of axelay and the overworld of treasure hunter g. Looks best in motion.
- TONS of bugfixes, literally. over 80 bugs just in the last 2 weeks! most were related to hardcoded stuff that appeared later in the game.
- Compressed the hell out of everything i added to the game and reorganized the work ram a bit to make room for my decompression buffers. However, i wasn’t able to squeeze it all back into 24mbits, so i’ll have to live with a 32mbit rom for now.
Esper Dream 2 Release, Other Project Updates
12 September 2006 7:28AM EST - Update by Gideon Zhi
Aeon Genesis has released a translation patch for Esper Dream 2, an NES action/rpg by Konami which is powered by the VRC6 mapper for better sound and music! There are no known issues with the patch, so share and enjoy!
Other updates include the following:
- Actraiser’s text is mostly translated and inserted. Menu stuff remains.
- Snoopy Concert’s dialogue has been formatted, inserted, and lightly polished for context and content. Playtesting is likely imminent.
- The Madara betatest continues.
- Dragon Squadron Danzarb’s dialogue has been fully translated! Some miscellaneous text remains undumped and untranslated, but should not take long.
Nuts & Milk graphics hack: Mario + Toad
10 September 2006 4:22PM EST - Update by Evil_Spock
Submitted: Mario + Toad
Hack of japanese NES ROM Nuts & Milk.
Replaced horrid, original graphics with tiles and sprites from Super Mario Brothers 3. Overall result is (hopefully) a more bearable gaming experience.
List of graphical changes:
- Title Screen
- All tiles / sprites
Fire Emblem 5 Progress Patch Released!
12 September 2006 7:27AM EST - Update by FEF
A new patch for Fire Emblem 5 for the SNES (aka Thracia 776) has been released! The patch is based off of the Thracia 776 ROM Translation Project made by neonclover which is now “on hiatus.” The patch translates up to Chapter 19 story wise, and has most of the menu/skill/character name stuff translated as well. If you plan on trying to play through with the patch, please read the readme as there are a few areas that help in beta testing is needed.
Updates to this patch as well as a list of what has been completed thus far are kept in a messageboard thread linked to below on the Fire Emblem fan boards.
Dutch translations update
09 September 2006 5:45PM EST - Update by Ok Impala!
Over the last 4 years Ok Impala! released several Dutch translations, they’re all added to ROMhacking.net in one convenient update!
So, which games?
- Duck Hunt
- Final Fantasy
- Ice Hockey
- Legend of Zelda
- Mega Man
- Prince of Persia
- Super Mario Bros.
- Super Mario Bros. 2
- Super Mario Bros. 3
- Super Mario World
- Zelda II - The Adventure of Link
Currently in the works are:
- Zelda III - A Link To The Past
Expect a release of those translations somewhere in the future!