(1141 to 1150) of 1852 Results
Zelda3 PuzzleDudes Quest
10 January 2011 8:41AM EST - Update by puzzledude
I started to remodel the original Zelda A Link to the Past game a long time ago. Unlike Goddess of Wisdom this is a modification, but despite that the dungeons are quite different to solve with a lot of new tricks and hidden objects.
I was concentrating to change the gameplay as much as possible, so even a veteran of the game can easily get stuck. The game is also more difficult than the original, but still quite easy at some points. Despite the fact that this is a remodel, it still took a lot of work, specially because of the number of the dungeons. The overworld, however, is less modified, but there are a lot of barriers, that will force you to search for the correct path. A smart player will quickly see, that this is much more than just another vapid master quest.
Transcorp: The Group That Flexes
06 January 2011 1:41PM EST - Update by RedComet
Nightcrawler posted some new information back in late December concerning the progress of Heracles IV, the new table standard being developed, and his new custom text dumper that is going to strong arm its way through the competition.
Heracles is moving right along and I’ve got to say, it’s looking very nice thus far. A consensus amongst the community seems to have been reached concerning the new table standard, and the tentatively titled TextAble is going to make my own Cartographer look very bad in the near future. I could not be happier.
Click the link for a more serious burn and some righteous pump action. There’s also a lot of puns. :p
Final Fantasy VI Once Again Released
02 January 2011 10:24AM EST - Update by Piggy Chan!
I’ve worked on this project, my very first, during most of last year. It started out with humble intentions, but I experimented and implemented more and more until, after several hiccups, four personal test runs, three other beta testers and countless hours of picking at things and ideas, it’s done. Primarily a re-balancing of the original game, likely akin to Eviltype, but with many other subtle changes and touches, which I hope will prove somewhat unique without transforming the game’s story or presentation. I know there is no shortage of Final Fantasy VI hacks, and this one won’t break the mold, but I think fans of Final Fantasy will appreciate it.
Super Mario 64 - Star Road Progress
27 December 2010 7:47PM EST - Update by Skelux
For those of you who have not heard of it, SM64 Star Road is a complete SM64 hack I (Skelux) am working on which will contain all new levels and a total of 121 stars. There are many previews available on Youtube you can watch if you are curious to see some of the beta gameplay (Link below).
Below is a list of all levels I have started or finished making. It is quite possible the hack will be finished some time this year.
Levels with an asterisk(*) do not have a confirmed name:
- Bob-omb Island - Complete
- Silent Glade Ruins - Complete
- Sky Land Resort - Complete (Left image)
- Mad Musical Mess - Complete
- Lagoon Side Hideout - Complete
- Melting Snow Peaks - Model is 3/4 finished
- Koopa Canyon - Model 2/4 complete, music complete
- *Giant Land Treeway - Completely planned, no model started
- *Boo Broadwalk - Model 1/4 complete
- *Cloudy Fields - Some minor theme ideas and a custom behavior
- Star Ocean Tower - Hub exterior, model 3/4 complete
- *Metal Cap Challenge - Model 1/4 complete
- *Goomba Mountain - Model 2/4 complete
For those interested in trying out the kind of level design Star Road will have, I just released a Christmas special (Right image) which is available for download through the link in it’s video description.
Super Robot Wars J Translation Release
26 December 2010 10:57AM EST - Update by Deets
After a few years of work, The Romhacking Aerie has released a complete translation of the Game Boy Advance strategy RPG “Super Robot Wars J”. This is a full localization, including graphics, and a lot of time and effort went into its development.
Much like other games in this franchise, Super Robot Wars J combines the characters and plot lines of several licensed robot anime together, birthing a thoroughly crazy strategy RPG in the process. That said, there’s a lot to like here, even if you don’t have any interest in giant robot cartoons.
Everything is translated, and, to our knowledge, fully working. Enjoy!
New Translations Added to the Database
25 December 2010 10:54PM EST - Update by RHDNBot
This is an automated message generated by ROMhacking.net’s RHDNBot.
The following Translations have been submitted and approved to the database (in submitted order oldest to newest):
- Final Fantasy II (English)(Addendum)(NES)
- Sega Games Can Vol. 1 & 2 (English)(Fully Playable)(SegaCD)
- Deep Dungeon II: The Hero’s Crest (English)(Fully Playable)(FDS)
- Shining Force III (English)(Fully Playable)(SAT)
- Nushi Tsuri Adventure: Kite no Bouken (English)(Fully Playable)(GB)
- Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde (English)(Fully Playable)(NES)
- Light Crusader (Portuguese)(Fully Playable)(GEN)
- Lady Sword (English)(Fully Playable)(TG16)
- Ancient Magic (English)(Fully Playable)(SNES)
- Jerry Boy (English)(Addendum)(SNES)
New Hacks Added to the Database
25 December 2010 5:10AM EST - Update by RHDNBot
This is an automated message generated by ROMhacking.net’s RHDNBot.
The following Hacks have been submitted and approved to the database (in submitted order oldest to newest):
- The Adventures of Lolo 3 : Map Hack (Complete)
- Simon’s Quest: Lame Edition (Spoof)
- Earth Bound Zero sprite restore (Addendum)
- Delocalization & Restoration of Final Fantasy Legend II to SaGa 2 (Improvement)
- Terranigma 8×16 (Addendum)
- Kirby’s Adventure UFO Fix (Improvement)
- Nekketsu Kakutou Densetsu ULTRA (Improvement)
- Toadette’s Christmas Adventure (Complete)
- Hacked Mario Bros. (Complete)
- Mega Girl 2 (Complete)
Mario 64 Level Importer v13 Released!
25 December 2010 12:51AM EST - Update by messiaen
This tool replaces any level of Super Mario 64 with a Wavefront .obj (3D model) and gives you control over many aspects of each imported level. Hacking Mario 64 has never been so easy!
- Replace any of the original levels with Wavefront .obj files
- Select Object Banks available in the level
- Choose “weather” effects (lava, snow, etc)
- Set global terrain type (slide, sand, snow)
- Use custom background image
- Set fog effects
- Map textures to specific collision types
- Set multiple Water/Toxic Haze/Mist boxes (still a big buggy)
- Alpha support
- Change hardcoded star positions
- Change hardcoded trajectories
- Change act selector settings
- User-friendly interface
- Numerous other tweaks
RHDN 5th Anniversary and RHDN 2.3 Released!
24 December 2010 7:25PM EST - Update by Nightcrawler
RHDN has turned 5 years old! We’ve had nearly 30 million unique visits. We are only a few months away from being the longest lasting active ROM hacking website in history. In honor of this occasion, we have released RHDN 2.3 to the site with the addition of several new goodies. Read on for details!
RHDN 2.3 has been released! It’s the culmination of all I’ve been working on this year for RHDN. I have cleared out most of the backlog of items leaving only those that never had a detailed plan for implementation. The following are some of the additions that have been made:
- Enhanced Profiles with contribution rankings, reviews, news, and more!
- Added submission form contents to rejection e-mails.
- Added approved item link to approval e-mails.
- Linked News Items to projects via the ‘News Articles for this Translation’ link.
- Data Crystal ROM hacking wiki and Community History added.
- Added language to translations in forum profiles and community database profiles.
- User interface added to forms to submit an entry without a file and indicate when the project has no readme file.
- Whirlpool News Archive added.
It’s been a very good year around here. RHDN hit it’s niche this year being a positive place where people can come to exchange information, discuss projects, and socialize more than ever before. Stability, personnel, management, and community participation were all at very admirable levels. I’d like to take this opportunity to thank all of our staff and community members who helped contribute to RHDN this year, and build the longest lasting, largest site of it’s kind! There were many impressive releases this year from our community content creators, and the bar just keeps rising. I look forward to seeing what everybody is capable of in year 6!
At this point, I’ve done nearly everything I set out to do with the site. I had hoped to eliminate staff entirely at one point, but experience has shown we need to continue to have screening staff members in order to maintain adequate quality levels on the site. A few other compromises were made along the way where experience showed some ideals were not practical. However, for the most part, my original vision has come to full fruition and exceeded all my expectations.
With 5 years of development coming to an end, it is now time to look to the future and determine a path to take for the next 5 years. I extend an invitation to all to discuss with us your hopes, dreams, and visions for the RHDN of the future. We will re-evaluate our roles, lay out a new plan, and embark on a new journey forward!
Soul Hackers spreads its (bat) wings
24 December 2010 8:46AM EST - Update by Gemini
The Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers project is back on track, this time with a few not-so-broken pictures (and a video teaser here).
What has been done so far:
- All story dialogs have been translated as well as most of the system strings;
- Partially translated battle dialog;
- Coded a new 8 BPP VWF overlay that supports all of the font modes used in game (the old one caused so many glitches I was forced to kill it entirely).
As usual many thanks to Tom for providing all the translated text. Hope you like it!