|Platform||Nintendo Entertainment System|
|Release Date||04 February 2015|
|Last Modified||25 November 2016|
FamiTracker is a free windows tracker for producing music for the NES/Famicom-systems. The interface is based on MadTracker and should be easy to use if you’ve been using trackers before.
One of the features is NSF-file exporting. That allows music created in this tracker to be played on the real hardware, or even for for use in your own NES-applications.
Some other features:
- Full realtime emulation of the channels; using blargg’s band-limiting library for high quality audio
- Internal PCM to DPCM-sample converter
- MIDI input devices are supported
- NTSC & PAL modes are both supported
- Ability to export songs as .NSF files
- Supported expansion chips: Konami (VRC6, VRC7), Nintendo (MMC5, FDS) and Namco 163
Source code is available at the official website under the GNU General Public License Version 2.