|Author||SadNES City Translations|
|Release Date||19 July 2017|
|Last Modified||20 July 2017|
Delta Patcher is an hybrid front end to the xdelta3 decoder/encoder. It embeds the xdelta.exe executable and extracts it on the fly to apply/create xdelta patches. It supports more options than the most front ends, like compression level, source window size, patch descriptions and checksum verification. It’s written in C++ and all the needed libraries are statically linked to the EXE.
- Added drag and drop functionality in patch creation mode.
- No xdelta.exe is needed. Starting from version 2.0, it has been embedded in the delta patcher executable;
- More intuitive GUI design;
- patch application:
- disable checksum validation;
- backup original file;
- patch creation:
- custom UTF8 description for patches - patches created with delta patcher will show this description if opened with delta patcher (a là PPF-O-MATIC3);
- patch compression level;
- source window size;
Full and Lite versions: This package comes with two versions of the frontend.The Lite version is simply the patching GUI and it is intended to be included along with your patch. This way, the final user doesn’t need to mess with other options like patch creation (simplicity comes first!). The Full version is mainly for romhackers, and it supports both creation and application of xdelta patches.