|Game||Phantasy Star III: Generations of Doom|
|Release Date||03 July 2015|
|Last Modified||07 November 2017|
Aridia is an open source editor for Phantasy Star III. It supports editing: character statistics & inventory, enemy stats, all game text, title logo & font, shops, treasure chests, weapons & items and more. It runs in both Windows and Linux via Mono.
Version 2.5 includes the following updates:
- New feature - Scripted event editing, allows modification of scenes in the game (i.e. marriage ceremony)
Version 2.4 includes the following updates:
- New beta feature - NPC editing
- More palettes identified
Version 2.3 includes the following updates:
- Fixed file path issue that prevented Aridia from running in Mono
- Merged weapon editing, item editing, and inventory names into a single tab
- Added ability to edit item flags
- Added ability to make any item equippable and have a technique assigned
- Added ability change were items are equipped
- Added help link in the menu the opens the tutorial
- New beta feature - enemy group editing
- Tested on Windows 8 and Ubuntu 14.04 LTS
Project home page: http://huguesjohnson.com/aridia/
Source code: https://github.com/huguesjohnson/aridia/
- .NET Framework 4+ (if you use automatic updates on Windows XP SP3, Vista, or Windows 7 then you probably already have this) or Mono 3+.
- Phantasy Star III rom image (binary format), “Phantasy Star 3 - Generations of Doom (UE) [!].bin” in GoodGen.
- Aridia has not been tested with any other Phantasy Star III ROM image other than Phantasy Star 3 - Generations of Doom (UE) [!].bin. It does not work with the Japanese ROM image because the data offsets are different.
- Please do not ask me for a copy.
- Make a backup copy before editing.
- Visual Studio Express (C# 2010+) or MonoDevelop if you want to edit or build the source code.