The Nintendo 64 Gameshark Code Injector
|OS||Mac OS X|
|Release Date||07 December 2021|
|Last Modified||08 December 2021|
The Nintendo 64 Gameshark Code Injector by Triclon
This utility will inject just about any Gameshark codes directly into almost any Nintendo 64 rom. It should work both on console with a flashcart or in an emulator. Right after a game boots, the injector will run and copy the code handler, which runs through all the active codes continuously, into the Expansion Pak RAM. It will also run any F0 or F1 type codes which are applied only at boot. Unlike a real Gameshark, which is limited to a few hundred lines of code, this injector allows you to inject nearly unlimited lines of Gameshark codes, so go wild and patch in as many codes as you like. Like an actual Gameshark, the code handler hooks into the game’s exception handler and will run continously, applying active codes.
- Python 3 to run the Injector (can run in most operation systems)
- A Nintendo 64 ROM to patch
- An Expansion Pak and flash drive to play on console
Get Gameshark codes:
Use http://gamehacking.org, the primer archive of cheat codes on the internet. You can export them in a variety of formats.
How to run:
- Put your Gameshark codes into “gameshark_code.txt”
- Copy a ROM into this directory and name it “rom.z64″
- Open a terminal and type the following…
- python gameshark_code_injector.py
- It will generate a rom called “rom_patched.z64″
- Open your newly patched rom in your favorite emulator or copy to a flash drive for -console and enjoy playing!
Supported Gameshark code types: 80, 81, D0, D1, D2, D3, F0, F1, A0, A1, FF, EE, DE
See the readme for more details.