Breath of Fire II Monster Editor (Updated with Drop Rate Support)
|Game||Breath of Fire II|
|Release Date||21 February 2018|
|Last Modified||22 February 2018|
This is an updated version of Zanto’s Breath of Fire II Monster Editor. This is the first version that supports editing of the drop rates. Originally thought to be byte 20 for each monster, it’s actually the first character of byte 27 for each monster. I’ve programmed this into the editor and tested it with both the original ROM and retranslated ROM.
In addition to all the features in the original version, the following features have been added:
1) Support for updating the drop rate for each monster!
2) Added drop-down lists to choose the drop rate and item set for each monster
3) Support for the original English ROM and the retranslated ROM. Currently, the item sets are displayed with new item names in the retranslated ROM, but the monster list will always displayed the original monster names.
4) Added button to set the enemy drop rate for all enemies. Quick and easy!
5) Added keyboard shortcuts for opening ROMs (Ctrl+O) and saving ROMs (Ctrl+S)
Make sure you use a HEADERLESS English rom with it.
Refer to this monster list for details: http://www.gamefaqs.com/snes/563530-breath-of-fire-ii/faqs/5434
The monster list in the editor follows the same order as the monster list in that faq. The utility contains a prepopulated list of monsters to display for the retranslated ROM. If someone can get me a table that maps old monster names to new ones, I’ll update the utility!
I’ve also included updated source code in the zip file in case anyone is interested.
If you have any problems or questions, e-mail me: firstname.lastname@example.org
Much thanks to Zanto (Ze10) for developing the original version!