|Category||Script Extraction / Insertion|
|Platform||Nintendo Entertainment System|
|Game||Final Fantasy III|
|Release Date||24 June 2019|
|Last Modified||25 June 2019|
This program is a text editor for Final Fantasy III, with its main feature being dynamic text compiling, in addition to text bank importing and exporting.
What this tool features:
- edit NPC dialogue, cutscene dialogue, item names, spell names, enemy names, enemy attack names, and other messages
- dynamic text bank compiling - can recompile every message in a text bank and insert them all right next to each other within the allotted space region. You don’t have to worry about adjusting pointers or anything, as this tool will do all of that for you.
- import & export text bank - you can export an entire text bank to an external text file, make changes to it from there, and then import it and then compile. Useful for editing text banks with short messages such as enemy names or item names.
- this tool was programmed in Java using the Netbeans IDE, therefore it should work on any OS that can run .jar applications… which was the case in 2016 but this might not work if your computer’s Java JDK is higher than version 8
This program supports:
- Final Fantasy III - English Translation (2019, by Chaos Rush)
- Final Fantasy III - Japanese version
- Final Fantasy III - MMC5 English Translation aka “Refurbished” (2016, by Chaos Rush)
This program is not compatible with the AWJ and ad0220 translations.