SMD Ida Tools
|Category||Debuggers / Special Emulators|
|Release Date||31 August 2018|
|Last Modified||24 September 2018|
This is the project about writing super tools and plugins for SMD ROM hackers. Since version 1.7 of SMD Ida Tools from March 26, 2017, this project also includes Gensida, a debugger plugin for IDA Pro based on Gens r57shell mod that allows you to debug Sega Genesis/Megadrive ROMs.
An older version of Gensida from before Gensida merging into this project is at http://www.romhacking.net/utilities/1155/, and the Gens r57shell mod that Gensida was based on is at http://www.romhacking.net/utilities/1123/.
- SMD Loader (allows to load SMD ROMs in IDA Pro). Thanks to HardwareMan for base source;
- SMD Consts Identifier (pressing J at constants, that code sends to special VDP ports, will show you description about these commands in comments).
- Z80 sound drivers loader
- Gensida - an IDA Pro debugger for Sega Genesis/Megadrive ROMs
You can freely suggest any new features or report about bug reports.
GitHub source code: https://github.com/lab313ru/smd_ida_tools GitHub releases: https://github.com/lab313ru/smd_ida_tools/releases
Features of SMD Consts Identifier:
- Recognition of SR register sent constants.
- Recognition of VDP Control register sent constants.
- Recognition of VRAM/CRAM/VSRAM reading/writing commands (works with dwords and word halfs).
Features of SMD Loader:
- Automated creation of ROM/RAM/Z80_RAM, etc. regions.
- Automated creation of known registers and regions addresses.
- Removed automated identification of known dword-address (press O (offset)).
How to use:
First, put the “*.ldw” files into the “loaders” folder of IDA Pro (version 6.8 or higher). Then, put the “gensida.plw” file into the “plugins” folder of IDA Pro. Finally, open your ROM, and select GensIDA in debuggers.