|Release Date||10 February 2015|
|Last Modified||01 November 2018|
Note: IPS Peek is no no longer under active development and has been open sourced (GPL V3): https://github.com/vector-man/IPS-Peek
IPS Peek is an IPS patch analysis tool.
Usually, IPS patch files can only be analyzed with hex editors; this can be difficult if the user has no knowledge of the IPS file format. IPS Peek allows IPS patch file data to be easily viewed in a visual way.
IPS patces can be opened, along with an optional target file (a file the patch is designed for). Each patch record can be clicked in a list, showing the data that is written to the file (in the Data View). Patch records can be selectively enabled or disabled for a given target file, and tested with an emulator, all from within the application. Patch report information can also be exported for later use.
- Selective patching with instant visual file diff.
- Emulator testing (with selected patch records).
- Supports loading of a target file to see how patch records affect it (with patched file diff and highlighting).
- Shows IPS patch records, record sizes, offsets and more!
- Shows Lunar IPS truncate extension (CHS).
- Shows data (in a hex view) written by a patch record.
- Shows total size of all modified data.
- Allows exporting of patch information to a text file for later use.
- Filtering support.
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0