Fire Emblem: Seisen no Keifu
Fire Emblem: Genealogy of Holy War
|Released By||Dark Twilkitri Net Translation Division|
|Patching Information||Header (SNES)|
|Genre||Strategy > Turn Based|
|Game Date||14 May 1996|
|Patch Version||Reparation 0.87g|
|Release Date||06 May 2012|
|Last Modified||05 January 2016|
Game Review (by Spinner 8):
Yep, it’s a Fire Emblem game. The Fire Emblem series is notable because the developers also did Paper Mario, which is a totally badass game. Due to this game’s extreme Japanese-ness, all I can tell you is that Fire Emblem 4 is a strategy RPG, and like all good strategy RPGs, there’s a whole HELL of a lot of names to remember.
This project is an attempt to take Jay’s Fire Emblem translation and make it actually playable. It looks great, though it’s difficult to tell from the site exactly what is finished and what is not.
Here is the source if you want to play around with that.
This patch only works on a headered FE4 ROM. The size of the ROM should be:
4, 194, 816 bytes
If it is instead:
4, 194, 304 bytes
Then you have a ROM without a header and you should either find one which does, or find a program to add a header to it for you.
- Changed SoclKnt to Cavalier to better match standard terminology.
- Changed DrgRider to WyvRider, DrgKnt to WyvKnt, DrgMstr to WyvLord to better match standard use of wyvern over dragon for natural dragons.
- Changed Forrest to Ranger because Forrest was just an attempt to put off that it was just Forest and Forest doesn’t make any sense for a class name.
- Changed Armour to LncArmr, AxArmour to AxeArmr, BwArmour to BowArmr, and SdArmour to SwdArmr for symmetry amongst the armours and against the mounted classes which don’t have special names.
- Changed MThief to MtnThief.
- Changed LongArc to Ballista, IronArc to IronBal, and KillArc to KillBal to better match standard terminology.
- Changed long versions of all those to match.
- Changed anything which was based on those names to match (such as generic Dragon troops to generic Wyvern troops).
- Changed Continue skill to Adept skill to match standard terminology.
- Changed Prayer skill to Miracle skill to match standard terminology.
- Changed Ambush skill to Vantage skill to match standard terminology.
- Changed Meteor/Lunar/Solar Sword skills to Astra/Luna/Sol Sword skills to match standard terminology (leaving Sword on as the skills only work with swords).
- Changed Life skill to Renewal skill to match standard terminology.
- Changed Elite skill to Paragon skill to match standard terminology.
- Changed anything which was based on those names to match (such as Prayer (Sword) to Miracle (Sword)).
- Changed Soldier skill type to Class skill type and Citizen skill type to Personal skill type because I could.
- Changed Hero weaponry to Brave weaponry to match standard terminology.
- Changed Volcanon tome to Bolganon tome to match standard terminology.
- Changed Meteo tome to Meteor tome to match standard terminology.
- Changed Tron tome to Thoron tome to match standard terminology.
- Changed Storm tome to Bolting tome to match standard terminology.
- Changed Rezire tome to Nosfratu tome to match standard terminology.
- Changed Live staff to Heal staff to match standard terminology.
- Changed Relive staff to Mend staff to match standard terminology.
- Changed Libro staff to Physic staff to match standard terminology.
- Changed Reserve staff to Fortify staff to match standard terminology.
- Corrected Valkyre staff to Valkyrie staff.
- Changed long versions of all those to match, using Bolganone and Nosferatu instead of Bolganon and Nosfratu.
- Changed anything which was based on these names to match (such as Vaha’s battle cry).
- Changed abbreviated castle name from McKil to Mack to match map/dialogue.
- Changed option name ‘anime’ to ‘anim’.
- Corrected Serlis’s name.
- Corrected Scathach’s name once I realized the JP were just-crazy-enough to apply their -ach = ハ formula to a name which is spelled that way despite not necessarily sounding that way.
- Changed Aoife’s name as I was on a roll after changing the other two. Ideally it will at least annoy Aoife archetype proponents.
- Corrected Juda (unit name) to Judah (used in dialogue).
- Corrected Funf to Fuenf.
- Corrected Zwolf to Zwoelf.
- Replaced Chapter 9 opening placeholder text with actual text.
- Replaced Edda takeover placeholder text with actual text.
- Changed reference to Repeated Movement in Knight Ring description to reference to Canto to match standard terminology.
- Corrected a couple of malingering uses of Etain (to Aideen) in dialogue.
- Corrected a malingering use of Yurius (to Julius) in dialogue.
- Changed Andre vs Brigid battle conversation to remove redundancy and iffy wording.
- Changed caps style of Julius’s outclassed death speech.
- Changed caps style of a number of pieces of all-caps text.
- Altered Knight Ring award dialogue to not reference ‘repeated movement’. And to not call it a bracelet because that makes no sense.
- Corrected reference to Rest staff in Restore staff award dialogue.
- Corrected some spelling mistakes.
- Altered final speech in chapter 5.
- Altered reference from ’secret text’ to ’secret book’ in Hawk special village dialogue.
- Changed dialogue regarding a character being executed at once to say that their execution would be arranged at once since they’re clearly not executed yet some time later.
- Altered dialogue regarding the Brave Sword being singular since it clearly isn’t.
ROM / ISO Information:
- File: Fire Emblem - Seisen no Keifu (Japan).sfc
- Length: 4194816 Bytes (32 Mbit)
- CRC32: 764AFFBF
- MD5: CBC49A64 D19A3622 4BC05FE8 A8AF5A0C
- SHA1: BB3E8699 F44F2974 EB259174 FF1C04F6 793D8155
- File: Fire Emblem - Seisen no Keifu (Japan).sfc
- Length: 4194304 Bytes (32 Mbit)
- CRC32: DC0D8CF9
- MD5: D044F97B E5FC00BD 5E02C935 F7E88058
- SHA1: 90F0BDEA F0151899 F9628125 8FCB3089 9FBD0D44