Pokémon: Red Version
Pocket Monsters Aka
Pocket Monsters: Red Version
|Patching Information||No Special Requirements|
|Game Date||27 February 1996|
|Release Date||19 September 2021|
|Last Modified||19 September 2021|
Pokémon: Red Version is a role playing game for the Game Boy.
In this game, you are tasked to become the strongest Pokémon trainer while trying to collect all of the different Pokémon in your region.
Hack name: Pokémon Red Spanish l10n
Original ROM: Pokémon Edición Roja (Spanish Pokémon Red)
Description: The main aim of this hack of Spanish Pokémon Red is to amend its rather appalling original in-house localization attempt. All in-game text has been localized from scratch, mainly using both the English and Spanish versions of the game. Some texts have also been contrasted using a text dump from the Japanese version, and some terminology has been updated to better match the later games. However, some other terminology has been kept as-is, since it has long stuck throughout the years and has not even seen changes in the latest remakes of this generation (i.e.: calques such as CENTRAL DE ENERGÍA for POWER PLANT).
The localization focuses on European Spanish.
Saves are compatible with all original Western release ROMs, as is trading and battling.
- Major overhaul of in-game texts.
- Addition of new characters via modification of unused ones (i.e.: ellipsis, ª, or +).
- Localization of the CREDIT text in the slot machine (CREDIT into FICHAS) as well as the “THE END” texture.
- Fixed the unnatural order of the texts displayed when EXP. ALL is used as well as when stats are increased or decreased.
- Fixed the infamous error in the text that is displayed when Prof. Oak gives you 5 Pokéball.
- Fixed the full stop which was missing systematically at the end of each Pokédex entry.
- Fixed Nidorino’s cry at the game’s intro (which displayed Nidorina’s).
ROM / ISO Information:
- Database match: Pokemon - Edicion Roja (Spain) (SGB Enhanced)
- Database: No-Intro: Game Boy/Color (v. 20210227-015730)
- File/ROM SHA-1: FC17C5B904D551B1B908054CCD1C493F755F832A
- File/ROM CRC32: D8507D8A
|Contributor||Type of contribution||Listed credit|
|IIMarckus||Hacking||Created the Pokémon Red disassembly|