RPG Maker 2
RPG Tsukuru 2
|Released By||KanjiHack Translations|
|Patching Information||Header (SNES)|
|Game Date||31 January 1996|
|Patch Version||0.9 Revision C|
|Release Date||01 Aug 1998|
|Last Modified||24 October 2016|
All’s I can tell is, this is the first RPG Maker with prettier graphics. The battles are still in first-person, and there’s a few new things, like vehicles. Were vehicles in the first one? Maybe they were. This review kind of sucks.
KanjiHack did an excellent job on the second RPG Maker game. Very few things are left untranslated, which makes you perfectly free to make a complete RPG. All that’s left to do (basically) is the game’s sample RPG.
Included in the zip is the program GORPG2.COM. This was used to expand the ROM from 16Mb to 20Mb, as future patches were to use this extra space. None of it is used in this patch, however, so feel free to ignore it. It doesn’t even run for me anyways.
This patch is distributed with permission of KanjiHack, as stated in the readme.
ROM / ISO Information:
- ROM file (headered, 2.097.664 Bytes):
- RPG Tsukuru 2 (J).smc (GoodSNES 2.04 - ADD A HEADER!)
- BEFORE (headered):
- CRC-32: 9fc22a78
- MD4: 5af8d0c17040b696645aa3d780e89b91
- MD5: 3c499d23e5b005b634cb20343af5f909
- SHA-1: f801ebbbc5af9f5b4117289b2e7cc8d1aa166281
- CRC-32: 916d9c92
- MD4: 237f6a902b863df54386de713d85a046
- MD5: 7511b759b102ba1af45d3d1957188a33
- SHA-1: 09f16c9643ecb13c52f76298ffafabef243fb319
- Patching process (use DOSBox):
- 1.) Use "SNESTL.exe" (SNESTool) to add a SWC header.
- 2.) Use "Gorpg2.com" and expand the headered ROM (will be renamed to "rpg2e.smc").
- 3.) Use "IPS.EXE" with "rpg2e.ips" to finally patch the ROM.
- The ROM Info name will still be "v0.8b", but it's 0.9rC (Alpha). Seems as if they had not changed this.