|Released By||Eduard Ereza|
|Patching Information||No-Header (SNES)|
|Game Date||11 March 1995|
|Release Date||28 October 2018|
|Last Modified||01 November 2018|
Chrono Trigger is a SNES RPG similar to the Final Fantasy series. The story takes place in many different time periods ranging from the pre-historic days to the end of time. It has a “New Game +” mode and 13 different endings (determined by when you choose to battle the final boss) so the replay value on this one is through the roof.
This is a full Catalan translation of Chrono Trigger.
The translation is based on the US version, but several text improvements have been introduced from the Japanese retranslation, including the uncensoring of alcohol and religious elements.
Aside from the translation itself, the following is included in the patch:
- Ayla’s nickname for Crono is restored (first 3 letters are used).
- Names are conjugated on the fly to show apostrophes or not depending on how they start.
- You can use up to 6 characters in names (from the 6-letter name patch).
- Several bug fixes for original game code.
The patch also includes fixes for these bugs (all of them but the last are from the Bugfix and Uncensoring patch):
- Some attacks directed towards the player with less HP did not properly check the first member’s HP.
- Attacks reducing HP to 1 made Shield and Barrier items not work during the rest of the battle.
- One member of the jury checked conditions in the wrong order, resulting in “guilty” when innocent.
- Evasion values for the “Third Eye” were not properly calculated in the menus.
- Text for some RX-XR prizes was wrong.
- Descriptions for some items was wrong.
- The Masamune now has a description.
- One of the ending texts wrongly waited for the player to press a button.
- Menu font shadows were irregular.
- Missing image on one of the endings (present in the Japanese version).
- When moving the cursor backwards in the insert name screen, characters were being replaced by spaces instead of deleted.
The downloadable patch includes a glossary of tables with the enemy, place, item and technique names with both their translated name and their original name, in case the player needs to make any kind of search (for guides, for example).
ROM / ISO Information:
- ROM: Chrono Trigger (U) [!] (GoodSNES 2.04)
- Size: 4194304 bytes
- CRC32: 2D206BF7
- MD5: A2BC447961E52FD2227BAED164F729DC
- SHA-1: DE5822F4F2F7A55ACB8926D4C0EAA63D5D989312
- SHA-256: 06D1C2B06B716052C5596AAA0C2E5632A027FEE1A9A28439E509F813C30829A9