Sonic the Hedgehog
No Alternate Title
|Patching Information||BIN Format (GEN)|
|Genre||Action > Platformer|
|Game Date||23 June 1991|
|Release Date||01 Jun 2017|
|Last Modified||03 June 2017|
Sonic the Hedgehog is a platforming action video game. Developed by Sonic Team in 1991, the blue blur himself would become one of gaming’s universal icons, and became the first series to stand as a serious rival to Nintendo’s Mario series, flaming the legendary console wars.
A classic 2-D side-scrolling platformer, you control Sonic, a blue-colored hedgehog that runs pretty darn fast across the stages (zones as they are called in the game). Scattered throughout the zones are golden rings that Sonic can collect, which allows him to not only take damage, but allow access to special stages. If completed, the special stage will grant Sonic one of six Chaos Emeralds.
Dr. Ivo Robotnik, an evil genius, realizes the power of the Chaos Emeralds, and wants them for himself. As such, Robotnik traps the innocent woodland creatures of South Island. In response, Sonic attempts to free the creatures and collect the emeralds for himself in order to stop Robotnik’s plans.
Sonic the Hedgehog for the Mega Drive is a pretty fun game and is regarded as a classic by many. This here is a complete Hebrew translation created by Baraksha. It was created as a way of practicing ROM hacking and has been in development for quite a while. Notably, this is also the very first translation of a game to Hebrew to be categorized on ROMHacking.net, so cheers to all the native speakers in Israel and around the world.
A lot of credit should go the following, without these people this project most likely wouldn’t have gotten done:
- Baraksha (The project director. He did the translation, most of the art, and was the main person working on this hack.)
- Ralakimus (He fixed tons of bugs and helped fix the credits when there was issues with them.)
- BinBowie (He drew the Sega Logo art at the begining of the game which was based off of a design by Ziv Feldman for an article on Samlil.)
- Hackgame (Special thanks to him. He gave this project a ton of assets, one being used, the rest going unused.)
- Markey Jester (Special thanks to this guy as well. He made a table that helped with dynamic title cards.)
ROM / ISO Information:
- Sonic The Hedgehog (USA_ Europe).md - NOINTRO
- CRC32: F9394E97
- MD5: 1BC674BE034E43C96B86487AC69D9293
- SHA-1: 6DDB7DE1E17E7F6CDB88927BD906352030DAA194
- SHA-256: 46160BAA06362C711C9F1A5017CB7371026444936C8AF5E93A78996CF32FF2A6