Final Fantasy V
No Alternate Title
|Patching Information||No-Header (SNES)|
|Game Date||06 December 1992|
|Release Date||14 Mar 2015|
|Last Modified||09 January 2017|
Final Fantasy V is a role playing game for the Super Nintendo.
The game was released in the States as part of the Final Fantasy Anthology, complete with Ted Woolsey’s script that was done before the SNES Square translation was scrapped.
The game is pretty straightforward Final Fantasy, except for the Job System that the characters use. You have a large selection of jobs, and there’s no penalty in switching from one job to another (unlike FFIII). Battles earn you points that go towards leveling up these jobs, which give you extra abilities.
The patch is a full unofficial translation of the FFV to Spanish. The work is strongly based on the work done by the RPGe team but some nice fixes and features has been added too.
To list part of the work:
- The main dialogue font has been replaced with a 16×12px Chicago.
- The menu font has been replaced with the one shared by vivify93.
- Every text table in the game has been translated.
- The graphic of Mute spell also has been translated.
- Title menu modified to add the noisecross’ logo.
- Some menus have been redrawn (main menu, spells menu y and stores menu) to accommodate the texts (credit to LightPhoenix for his research about the window draw algorithm)
- ‘Catch bug’, ‘Kiss of Blessing bug’, ‘Power Drink bug’ and ‘Observe bug’ have been patched with the instructrtrepe’s fixes.
- ‘Blue mage sprite glitch’ has been patched with the Grond’s fix.
- ‘Caught monster display’, ‘Berserk chicken’, ‘Walking on air’ and ‘Wrong abilities display’ have been patched with noisecross’ fixes.
ROM / ISO Information:
- The ips has been coded to be applied on the original Japanese ROM.
- It must be unheaded and with a CRC32 C1BC267D.
- After the patching, the resultant file must have a CRC32 4BADF779.