Newest Translations

Super Mario Bros. 3 Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story El Viento

Newest Utilities

BCX Breakdown Tool Four Swords Adventures Sprite Converter Nushi Tsuri Adventure: Kite no Bouken Compression/Decompression Tools GameCube RARC/.arc packer

Newest Documents

Documents

Newest Reviews

Playable Golbez Edition Super Mario Kart - Shelfall Series 1 Super Mario Bros 3 Voice Removal Super Mario Bros 3 Voice Removal

Newest Homebrew

MashyMashy UWOL - Quest for Money Christmas Craze Russian Roulette

Featured Hack Images

Blades of Steel - Swiss NLA Edition Equipment Check Event Command Pokemon - Crystal Version (Emu Edition) Super Awesome World Colin McRae Rally 2.1 SMK Limited 2 SMK Limited 6 Rockman 2: Joho Boshu 1

Featured Translation Images

Shining Force II Mega Man 2 Contra Hi no Tori Jajamaru Gekimaden: Maboroshi no Kinmajou Jutei Senki Tenshi no Uta: Shiroki Tsubasa no Inori Touhou Bunkachou: Double Spoiler

Recent Updates

Final Fantasy III

Nintendo Entertainment System

Game Description:

This final entry in the Final Fantasy NES trilogy improves upon the previous two in ever aspect imaginable. It takes the job system from Final Fantasy I and the graphics from Final fantasy II and uses them to create an unforgettable experience. This game features a total of 22 jobs that are obtained over the course of the game from each of the 4 Crystals. In addition, each has its own unique abilities and can be changed at any point given the player has enough capacity points.

The graphics are among the best on the NES. The character and monster sprites alike see a significant improvement in design and variation. Animations are vibrant and highly impressive given the limitations of the hardware at the time. The music is able to enhance the game by creating an atmosphere that amplifies the already profound map design and battle scenes. It is a fairly expansive game and being as difficult as it is may take an extensive amount of time and effort from an inexperienced RPG player to clear.

Final Fantasy III is unfortunately far too often over looked, not receiving a Wonderswan Color port nor a GBA remake. It would not be until 2006 that countries outside of Japan would be able to play this masterpiece. It is an experience unlike any other and I highly recommend it as one of the most influential RPG titles in history. And as a devout Final Fantasy player, I can say with complete honesty that it will always be my favorite in the series.

Translation Description:

This is a translation patch of Final Fantasy III for the Famicom/NES. This patch utilizes the MMC5 mapper patch made by Kea, which allows for 1 megabyte of ROM space, allowing for a much larger amount of space available for text data.

An entirely new script was written that borrows text from the Nintendo DS remake where applicable. About ~75% of the text was taken straight from the DS remake, while the other ~25% was simply translated from the original Japanese text, while trying to make sure the tone of the text matches that of the material that was used from Square Enix’s DS remake of Final Fantasy III. The Japanese Famicom version text for every message index in the game was looked at to ensure when it’s appropriate to use text from the DS remake, and when it’s appropriate to translate the original text instead.

The terminology used in this translation matches that of the modern official releases of Final Fantasy III. All character, item, and enemy names match the ones used in the DS remake as close as possible.

Please apply the patch to a clean Japanese Final Fantasy III ROM.

If you find any typo’s or have any suggestions, please let me know by posting in the discussion thread.

ROM / ISO Information:

  • ROM: Final Fantasy III (Japan).nes
  • CRC-32: 170163F1
  • MD-5: 4E9BDCDD1071FF48638A3AA0FDA325FC
  • SHA-1: C4443FC24625E3C2BB859525EB44B6B3A80E7C35

Links:

Screenshots:


ROMhacking.net Patch ImagesROMhacking.net Patch ImagesROMhacking.net Patch ImagesROMhacking.net Patch Images

Credits:

Credits
ContributorType of contributionListed credit
Chaos RushHackingHacking and Translation
KeaOriginal HackingMMC5 Mapper Patch, Item Upgrade Bug fix
Rodimus PrimalScript Editing/RevisionSuggestions and finding typos
yasuHackingFixing bug with MMC5 patch regarding multiplying enemies

User Review Information

No User Reviews!