Marvelous: Mouhitotsu no Takarajima
Marvelous: Another Treasure Island
|Patching Information||No-Header (SNES)|
|Game Date||26 October 1996|
|Release Date||21 Aug 2018|
|Last Modified||23 August 2018|
According to EludeVisibility.org, the game is an RPG similar to Zelda, in which the hero looks a lot like Link. I’d try to elaborate but the game crashed. ZSNES doesn’t run it properly, but SNES9X seems to run it well.
After a year of working on this project on-and-off, here it is: the fully translated version of Marvelous!
This is an addition to Tashi’s Original patch.
Tashi handed this project off to me to finish early this year (2015).
If you played through Tashi’s original translation, try this one too. Much has changed.
- Translated intro.
- Translated title screen.
- A new font.
- Translated “event graphics” scattered throughout the game.
- Dialog is now fully translated and edited.
- Team naming screen has been hacked to keep the user from scrolling to different character sets.
- And more.
There will be a VWF version of this patch coming in 2016. Tools and tool source code will be released in the coming weeks.
Feel free to let DackR know if you find any bugs in this version (send a PM on the forum).
Patching information is included in the readme file.
2018/08/21 v1.07 Note: A bug was found that effects the ending screen of the game. This was caused by a compression glitch related to relocating the graphics for the colonel’s note. Special thanks to @terminator2k2 (christian) for bringing this to my attention!
I’ve recently picked up work again on my VWF version of this patch. Soon?
ROM / ISO Information:
- Unpatched ROM Checksum Info:
- CRC-32: cedf3ba7
- MD4: 0a0e567efe37fc2e0adc5c717ebcf315
- MD5: b9b77e5f378b871ece75caba82718a8e
- SHA-1: 46fe42f195d43b71ba0608356eb7c2b65bff70ac
- Tashi's English Patch Checksum Info:
- CRC-32: 815053c0
- MD4: c43a07c71568a4e26193f1add92d8c14
- MD5: 55cc5f08f1f0891269e6ffcc8d67ca58
- SHA-1: 4721a3b1825c488153980b07f76df13f4f1158d8
- Version 1.07 Patch Checksum Info
- CRC-32: 092a9db9
- MD4: 3359fbcbf32e841de3314a5e8debfa03
- MD5: d9ac315caf3cd20c7e5b638625b0fa4a
- SHA-1: 5ba071614dff1c0b131e56af625a7e5e3f60000c