King Kong 2: Ikari no Megaton Punch
Nintendo Entertainment System
King Kong Lives: Megaton Punch of Rage
|Released By||DvD Translations|
|Platform||Nintendo Entertainment System|
|Patching Information||No Special Requirements|
|Game Date||18 December 1986|
|Patch Version||Rev A|
|Release Date||09 Jun 2008|
|Last Modified||27 February 2016|
King Kong 2: Ikari no Megaton Punch is an action game for the Nintendo Entertainment System. The game is loosely based on a movie called King Kong.
Konami made two games based on the American movie, King Kong Lives, released as King Kong 2 in Japan.
The first one, “KING KONG 2: ikari no MEGATON PUNCH” for the Famicom, is what we have translated. It’s just an action game.
The second one, “KING KONG 2: yomigaeru densetsu”, released for the MSX has been translated for a while now. It is an action RPG.
This translation started out as simply a title screen graphics hack, but then I discovered 2 things:
- it was based on an American movie called King Kong Lives (so we had to change the title screen more than we were originally going to)
- there WAS some japanese text in the ROM. We determined that it was special text that only came up only during the ending credits if you hold the correct buttons down. So now, it needed to be translated for a complete patch.
This patch translates the title screen and the 24 different ending phrases.
ROM / ISO Information:
- King Kong 2 - Ikari no Megaton Punch (Japan).nes - NOINTRO
- CRC32: AF534918
- MD5: BA2CBBEBCC0ADACA687598B0A00B29D3
- SHA-1: 75822C00ABC9D8174178E5B160BA6AFB0B2982A4
- SHA-256: DBB93042C9F4C6EA4EB1E60C6A1BCD797C34B85F856E2307110796D353DA4173