Hack of Metroid: Zero Mission
Hack of Metroid: Zero Mission
|Patching Information||No Special Requirements|
|Genre||Action > Platformer|
|Hack Release Date||27 October 2020|
|Last Modified||27 October 2020|
Project ZM is a work-in-progress vanilla+ hack for the North American (U) Metroid Zero Mission ROM. It is designed to fix errors add new gameplay routes, tricks and mechanics.
- Enable unknown items – Separate patch. Samus’ suit is now compatible with unknown items, right from the start!
- SM controls – Choose between GBA and SNES controls in the options menu.
- Redesigned minimal HUD and Font
- Power bombs are yellow
- Super Metroid style item grabbing and equipment toggling
- Walljump with spacejump – You can now walljump when you have spacejump or space + screw attack.
- Fusion style R-shot – Fire a charged shot without interrupting a spinjump by arming explosives
- Faster shinespark recovery and walljumping – When samus sparks into something, she recovers faster.
- Suitless spacejump in liquids – You can spacejump in liquids without the gravity suit.
- Enemies do not get stunned in hard mode
- Ridley and Mecha Ridley are more difficult
- Improved physics
- Faster room transitions
- Mid-air ballsparking
- Shinespark steering
- Initiate speed booster in Morph ball
- Charge beam sucks in enemy drops
World design changes
- You start the game in Crateria.
- All enemy drops have been doubled.
- Low% is now as low as 4%. (Morph, bombs, Ice beam, missile tank)
- All unknown items and power grip can be skipped.
- A bunch of rooms were changed to make low% without power grip possible.
- Perfect stealth is humanly achievable.
- There is a new way to skip mua and zipline activation, but it has its own set of challenges… (Hint: It’s in a secret room)
- The black space pirates are now weak to any beam. Plasma beam is not required.
- Hard mode and Time attack mode are always available.
ROM / ISO Information:
- Database match: Metroid - Zero Mission (USA)
- Database: No-Intro: Game Boy Advance (v. 20180816-092117)
- File/ROM SHA-1: 5DE8536AFE1F0078EE6FE1089F890E8C7AA0A6E8
- File/ROM CRC32: 5C61A844
|Contributor||Type of contribution||Listed credit|
|Captain Glitch||Hacking||ASM and Hex tweaks|
|biospark||Hacking||MAGE, ASM, Hex tweaks|
User Review Information
It works!Reviewed By: Pethronos on 23 Dec 2020
If at first, mantaining momentum while landing can be a bit odd, when you get used to, it makes the gameplay really fluid, wich fits perfectly with the philosophy of Zero Mission.
If this patch was compatible with the Chozo Hint Removal patch and the auto charge was optional, it would be perfect!!
Edit: Well, autocharge is out, and Unk-Enabled version has no Chozo Hints, so as an improvement of the original gameplay, it’s perfects as it is.
Version 0.7.3 Recommended - Yes
|Great Hack, but Unk_Enabled version needs some work.||Haz||16 Jun 2021||0.7.3||Yes|
|It works!||Pethronos||23 Dec 2020||0.7.3||Yes|
|Good changes||MattKimura||10 Jul 2020||0.7.1||Yes|
|Very Fun! Found a Glitch Where I got Power Bombs Early||Rekka||14 May 2020||0.6.4||Yes|