Hack of Mega Man 2
Hack of Mega Man 2
|Released By||Himajin Jichiku|
|Patching Information||No Special Requirements|
|Genre||Action > Platformer|
|Hack Release Date||04 March 2017|
|Last Modified||26 March 2017|
Rockman CX Ver 1.1
Bug fixes and fine adjustments are the main update points. Zip includes both Rockman CX and Mega Man CX IPS and patcher.
0. What is this?
- This is a Rockman 2 hack made by Himajin Jichiku.
- The rom has been extended to use the MMC3 mapper.
- Now this is version 1.1, and officially translated into English!
1. How to Patch DO NOT APPLY IPS DIRECTLY.
- Copy your Rockman 2 ROM into this folder.
- You can also put Mega Man 2 (USA) (CRC32: 0×0FCFC04D) instead.
- Execute “Rockman CX Patcher.exe.”
- The patched rom, “Rockman CX.nes” and “Mega Man CX.nes”, will be created.
2. New Weapons, Items, and Abilities
- Items 1, 2, and 3 are available from the beginning.
- Item-1 Instant Floor - Spawns a platform directly under the player. Up to 3 may be on screen, and they disappear after several seconds.
- Item-2 Subtank - Regains any weapon energies and your life energy.
- Item-3 Ubercharge - Grants 1 second of invincibility for each use.
- Dash - You can dash like Mega Man X in this hack. Press left/right + down + A to dash.
- Quick Man - You can play as Quick Man in this hack. Quick Man can kick and climb wall instead of dashing. And he can also do faster wall jump by pressing down + A.
- Heart Tank - There are Heart Tanks in this hack. They increase your maximum life energy. They are found in 4 out of 8 stages.
- Quick Weapon Changing - You can change weapons by pressing select + down/up. The order is shown in weapon selection screen.
- Weapon Energy can regain your life energy when you equip default weapon or Ubercharge.
ROM / ISO Information:
- Rockman 2 - Dr. Wily no Nazo (Japan).nes - NOINTRO
- CRC32: 30B91650
- GoodNES 3.14 - Rockman 2 - Dr. Wily no Nazo (J) [!].nes
- Rockman 2 or Megaman 2 (CRC 32: 0x0FCFC 04 D)
- MD5: 055FB8DC626FB1FBADC0A193010A3E3F
- SHA-1: FB51875D1FF4B0DEEE97E967E6434FF514F3C2F2
- SHA-256: DEB88223311ACA8CA566B99D4063CA29D389D939FEE455F83AFAEC97C6F0A5D1
|Contributor||Type of contribution||Listed credit|
User Review Information
Pretty good hackReviewed By: Cupcom5/NGKFlower on 12 May 2020
I came across this hack from a few youtube videos, and just recently I wanted to give it a try myself. So I played it.
If Megaman had a baby with Streets or Rage Mania mode, this would definitely be it. I can tell a lot of love and thought was fleshed out for this game, and I could definitely say Good Work!
- Use of Megaman X elements like the dash and partner call (X3), it shows that if someone really wanted to, a megaman X hack could be made for the NES, I would like to see that. I’ve been using Quickman a lot in some boss fights, especially against Yoshinoman (don’t know if he is based off an actual person or an OC for the game.)
- Creative points for Cheatman’s originality, because that is exactly what he does during both fights. My only problem with him is he has too many one-hit kill attacks. -_-
- Bomberman. What more can I say, it bomberman! I like how his bombs can be used against him, like from his actual games. Him becoming a ghost and fighting Bombeman Black was pretty cool too.
- Mario stage transition. It was pretty cool how it went from the water stage straight to the boswer castle.
- Interesting concept of an evil Megaman protagonist, would be cool if Capcom actually did do something like this.
- Airman is literally air. lol
- Good to see Kamen Rider make an appearance in a megaman game like this. I got a good laugh and entertainment fighting against him :)
- Love the whole Yoshi Island boss reference, it’s literally the best thing of the game and what really inspired me to play it. LOVE!!
- Quickman minigame at the end was fun, I died once. lol
- It was pretty painful for me fighting against The Blue Bomber himself like this, I got the feels each time. :(
- As mentioned earlier, though Cheatman is great, I think he has way too many one-hit kill attacks: Cheat Saber, Fireball, when he lands next to player to do a slash attack, plus the instant pit he does. I can possibly understand the cheat saber killing you instantly since that is his specialty, but it’s Cheatman. eh, meh.
- Mario. This guy… I think him and Cheatman are almost tied in annoyance. Not sure why the axe kills you instantly, I mean it’s not technically a spike. Also he can hop on your head and you can’t get out of it. In other words, Easy KO for him.
- Some of the Dr.Light stages were ridiculous: the stage that plays Undertale “Megalovania” one with all of the spikes I thought I was about darn near ready to pull my hair out! Bad enough the Rider Joes made it much more difficult to not fall into the pit or drop on the spikes.
- Airman stage was just a tad confusing with the slippery platforms; are they in the sky or on ice? I am aware that the higher one gets into the sky, the altitude makes it very cold, if that was aimed for here.
- Dr. Light with his Shotokan/Ansatsuken style, the Hadoken is PRETTY much a one hit kill, the Shoryuken leaves the player with probably one bar of health if you’re lucky.
- This is very minor, but personally, I think it would’ve been better if the water stage for Mario was the Mushroom Kingdom stage, would’ve made sense to me since it’s an iconic stage like Sonic with Green Hill. Good nonetheless.
- Cheatman, Rush and Dr. Light all have this rapid attack where they can just keep hitting you with certain attacks (C.man machine gun fire, Rush tornado if it connects, Dr. Light’s Tatsumaki Senpu Kyaku. It’s kinda repetitive and annoying, when you don’t have any health left to use.
Well that said, I give the game a 4/5, It’s a good hack no doubt, but I believe some things could still be polished. I’ve been using Savestates like crazy in this game, MOSTLY against Cheatman,Yoshinoman,Rush and Dr. Light fights. I would recommend if you love Megaman games (like me, lol) or just looking for a challenge, or just wanting to fight the final boss (whichever rocks your boat).
Version 1.1 Recommended - Yes
|Pretty good hack||Cupcom5/NGKFlower||12 May 2020||1.1||Yes|
|Rockman CX - more than a hack||diablo666||01 Dec 2019||1.1||Yes|
|Rockman CX - GOOD||Dobu_GM||27 Apr 2019||1.1||Yes|
|Mega Man CX tried to be like Mega Man X. Grey Mega Man ain't Mega Man X.||Diddy64wii||01 Jan 2018||1.1||No|
|the BEST megaman 2 hack to date||Notthisguy||18 Dec 2017||1.1||Yes|
|Romhack that is -almost- good||MetoolDaddy||16 Apr 2017||1.1||Yes|
|The Mega Man 2 sequel I've been waiting for!||8.bit.fan||06 Apr 2017||1.1||Yes|
|The BEST Mega Man hack ever!||mikeH||13 Feb 2017||1.0||Yes|
|It's more than a simple Hack||MagusLOGS||17 Dec 2016||1.0||Yes|