Hack of Pokémon: Red Version
Hack of Pokémon: Red Version
|Patching Information||No Special Requirements|
|Hack Release Date||20 January 2020|
|Last Modified||20 January 2020|
Welcome to the Region of Frejo!
It’s 1999 and you will impersonate a former baseball player who has to participate in a deadly competition for the ownership of the Pokémon League that may avoid a war between two regions, Frejo and Kelgo. On top of that, some survivors from Team Rocket who had fled Kanto after the failed Silph Coup, have migrated there and joined a secret cult in order to interfere in this competition and start some nasty plot! Will you save the World, conquer the title of ultimate Pokémon master and unveil all the dozens of secrets hidden around?
Pokémon Grape is a unique gaming experience, a different version altogether. It is unique in the fact that it features THREE quests: the First Quest (up to the Pokémon League), the Second Quest (post-league) AND the mysterious Secret Quest (intertwined between the two).
Some of the MANY features that you will eventually come across:
- Explore the Region of Frejo AND the Region of Kelgo, each with its distinct Town Map! Frejo alone is way bigger than Kanto. Multiple backtracking and open-world alike Region;
- You can explore Kelgo, its dozen of maps, the fully functional Hot Spring and a dungeon. You can travel across the two regions by land or via Magnet Train;
- You can catch all the 248 Pokémon species featured in this game, including pokémon from generations ranging from the First to the Sixth and even get a couple new Fakémon;
- 11 Legendary Pokémon, the new ones even feature their own special event – notably Mew under the truck at the Port & Ho-Oh like in FireRed-LeafGreen;
- New types, for a total amount of 25 types: from the canonical Dark, Steel and Fairy to Light, Bone, Sound, Wood, Atom, Wind & Gas;
- A multitude of completely new ambients and dungeons: from very detailed Forests to Swamps, caves, ice caves, sewers, multiple sidescroll areas, volcanoes and even underwater. All with the best graphics ever seen in retrò hacks. These include even new kind of traps, environmental hazards and stuff never seen before;
- Very improved graphics, EVERY Pokémon sprite it’s in higher resolution with better details, shadings, palettes, and with detailed backsprites. Each Pokémon uses its own colors as meant;
- Improved Shaded fonts, not shaded in battles, multiple selectable textboxes, dark fonts and even Braille!
- New methods of evolution implemented (first Pokémon hack ever to do so), from Place Evolution to Move Evolution and items that evolve, and in the case of Eevee De-evolve, Pokémon that otherwise wouldn’t;
- Phisical-Special Split Attack and a Damage Counter during battles;
- A fast Kart instead of the bicycle, capable of doing x4 speed at will, and running shoes on foot;
- New Pokéball types: Fast, Net, Nest, Dive, Dusk, Timer, Repeat and Heal Balls, along with Dope Ball, Shiny Ball AND even the Snag Ball – for catching a trainer’s own Pokémon!
- New Repel System, imported from Pokemon Black2-White2;
- Completely new items with completely new functions, even outside of battle: Lighter, Mining Pick, Magic Hammer and many more!
- 70 extra new Moves, including moves that use the new types (at least 3 damage dealing moves for each new type);
- Custom OverWorlds in the Pokemon menu, one for each Pokémon species;
- More emotion bubbles, used more often than in the original game for special effects in the course of many events and/or dialogues;
- Hilarious dialogues, humour and tons of “pop culture” references, and there’s even occasional self-censored profanity, Conker’s-Bad-Fur-Day Style;
- Several glitches left there by the original developers were fixed (too many to be listed here);
Gotta catch ‘em all again!
ROM / ISO Information:
- *Pokemon - Red Version (USA, Europe) (SGB Enhanced) [No-Intro]
- *Pokemon - Red Version (UE) [S][!]
- *ROM Size: 1048576 Bytes (8 Mbit)
- *CRC32: 9f7fdd53
- *MD5: 3d45c1ee9abd5738df46d2bdda8b57dc
- *SHA1: ea9bcae617fdf159b045185467ae58b2e4a48b9a
|Contributor||Type of contribution||Listed credit|
|Uac.Dario||Hacking||ASM, Beta Testing|
|Shanty Town||Hacking||ASM, Custom Music|
|AshAndMisty (aka -Red)||Music||Custom Music|
|Danny-E 33||Hacking||Danny-E 33's Red Graphic Patch|
User Review Information
Most engrossing Gen 1 hack.Reviewed By: RustInPeace on 15 Jan 2020
I would argue this is the most epic Gen 1 hack ever. It’s not perfect though. It’s overly cryptic, the backtracking in this game is ridiculous. The sharp level curve spikes in the 2nd quest is a bit insane, making grinding pretty necessary. Rare Candies can be bought though. It’s not overly difficult, the boss trainer of the second quest required a dozen or so attempts, easily the most difficult trainer in the game. Overall though, the difficulty’s tolerable. The region design’s nice, the colors can be a bit much, especially in dark places that don’t require Flash/Lighter.
The puzzles can be ridiculous too, specifically the Panopticon one and the invisible maze in Hidden Palace. I would definitely play this again, now that I know what’s in store. I could finish the hack faster now. Anyway, I hope this hack gets a lot of traction, it’s unique and it’s high quality. It is frustrating too, but worth playing.
Version 1.2 Recommended - Yes
|The Greatest Gen I Pokemon Hack.||Lord Igniz||21 Jan 2020||1.2||Yes|
|Most engrossing Gen 1 hack.||RustInPeace||15 Jan 2020||1.2||Yes|
|Interesting hack with some issues||Finnbro||10 Jan 2020||1.1||Yes|
|Still need improvements||JulianoFdeS||10 Jan 2020||1.1||Yes|