Mega Man 3 Revamped
Hack of Mega Man 3
Mega Man 3 Revamped
Hack of Mega Man 3
|Patching Information||No Special Requirements|
|Genre||Action > Platformer|
|Hack Release Date||08 December 2019|
|Last Modified||08 December 2019|
Three years ago, a hack of Mega Man 3 called “Mega Man 3 Ultimate” was released by romhacker TheSkipper1995. It was meant to be a relatively simple hack built on top of KujaKiller’s “Mega Man 3 Improvement”, rebalancing some of the game’s level design and difficulty curve. At the time, the hack was considered satisfactory if a bit conservative in its changes to the base game.
Early this year, at the behest of fellow romhacker DangerDoodle, TheSkipper1995 was convinced to continue work on Mega Man 3 Ultimate with some simple graphical updates. Over the next several months, however, with the programming assistance of KujaKiller, DurfarC, and MartsINY, the project grew into something far more substantial than Mega Man 3 Ultimate. This is “Mega Man 3 Revamped!”
Mega Man 3 Revamped’s purpose is to be a highly polished and streamlined version of Mega Man 3 for people who may not have liked the original game due to its rushed, unpolished development.
- Liberal changes to level design to make more interesting and engaging use of enemies, hazards, and stage gimmicks; most notably longer Dr. Wily stages with over 40 screens of additional, challenging content!
- Improved utility to Hard Knuckle which can be aimed much faster, Needle Cannon which has a much faster auto-fire rate, and Gemini Laser which doubles its speed after ricocheting once!
- Significant added graphical detail to many stages and cutscenes including Top Man, Hard Man, Snake Man, Gemini Man, and Spark Man!
- Additional fixes to several stray bugs that went unnoticed in Mega Man 3 Improvement!
- A restructured story line that keeps Break Man’s secret hidden until the final act!
- Changes to boss hitboxes and a.i. to be both less frustrating and more challenging!
Version 1.1 Update:
- Updated bug fixes from Kuja Killer’s latest Improvement patch version 2.2.2
- Very minor tweaks to level design and damage value balancing based on feedback.
- Minor hitbox adjustments.
ROM / ISO Information:
- No-Intro Name: Mega Man 3 (USA)
- (No-Intro version 20130731-235630)
- File SHA-1: 53197445E137E47A73FD4876B87E288ED0FED5C6
- ROM SHA-1: 6780B3FCC547C013EE45AFAC6BB30C6FC6D8B46E
- File MD5: 75B924155CAFEE335C9EA7A01BFC8EFB
- File CRC32: 452D8089
- ROM MD5: 4A53B6F58067D62C9A43404FE835DD5C
- ROM CRC32: 603AAA57
|Contributor||Type of contribution||Listed credit|
User Review Information
A fresh look at MM3Reviewed By: diablo666 on 21 Dec 2019
To be honest, the last thing I expected was anything to surprise me … But this hack can, however.
New levels and graphics - refresh and so pretty decent hack from Kuja Killer’s and TheSkipper1995. Levels are played differently. It seems that CAPCOM themselves had a hand.
It is played differently. Even very balanced. However, I can not help but notice the error in the game. And I will be in solidarity with some.
1. Break man for Stage Gemini Man. Why does that character have a helmet closed first, and then closed a second time? If you wanted to do mystery, then remove this stupid animation. It looks weird. Same the caviar animation has been removed (the one that, when destroyed, releases fry). Without it, the level feels less alive.
2. Stage Top Man. Approach to the E Bank. On the one hand - there should be spikes, and on the other - a brick that does not allow to pass, without breaking it. And it turns out “It’s impossible to take it, but there is a hole. Just slip through”
3. Some bosses have swapped places. This feels weird, for I’m already used to the standard arrangement of BOSSES at all levels. An example of this level: DOC bots Needle man and Shadow man Stages
In addition to inaccurate solutions, there are pluses.
1. Updated boss. Spark man - The updated AI of this - can be confusing and even reveals the essence of its abilities that we receive. It has become more complicated and interesting.
2. Updated Wily Stage 1. It’s night, not evening. The addition of stars is an increase in the atmosphere of the stage itself
3. Different paths in Wily Stage 2. I didn’t know that when I first went through the hack. Because in the original this never happened, and that’s not guessed.
4. Redesign of all stages at Wiley castle. This is quite time-consuming, but quite well done work. However, I lack in one stage, or rather in two stages - changes (the Penultimate and the last)
The stages are updated, feels really like “Ultimate”, BUT I’ll CALL IT a FRESH TAKE on MM 3.
For information, to RECOMMEND. However it is necessary to correct the author
Version 1.1 Recommended - Yes
|A fresh look at MM3||diablo666||21 Dec 2019||1.1||Yes|
|Fantastic Version - Detailed Breakdown||slider||13 Nov 2019||1.0||Yes|
|A wonderful edition!||NARFNra||07 Nov 2019||1.0||Yes|
|A fun twist on an old favourite||G30FF||08 Dec 2019||1.1||Yes|