Super Metroid Turbo!
Hack of Super Metroid
Super Metroid Turbo!
Hack of Super Metroid
|Patching Information||No-Header (SNES)|
|Hack Release Date||17 December 2019|
|Last Modified||17 December 2019|
Super Metroid turbo ! 7.34 version
Faster speed mode, based on Project Base 0.7.3 (Gameplay only), with Control Freak. what this patch does :
- Faster Doors transition speed
- Doors opening faster, from project base 0.7.3 feature
- Faster Elevators speed
- Remove fanfare music when collecting new item and replaces them with sound FX that don’t interrupt the BG music, thanks to Sadiztyk Fish
- Hold down to make bombs explode instantly with no jump (only works on the ground), from project base 0.7.3 feature
- Faster X-ray scope
- Charge beam attracts energy/ammo drops from enemies much faster and smoother than before, from project base 0.7.3 feature
- Samus’s suit palette in the ending will match the suit that was equipped when the game was beaten, from project base 0.7.3 feature
- Morphball animation plays only if Samus actually moving, from project base 0.7.3 feature
- Samus now has a fully drawn suit in the equipment pause menu, from project base 0.7.3 feature
- Adjusted the energy and ammo drop rates for most enemies to be less stingy, from project base 0.7.3 feature
- Most of demos on the title screen has been replaced (for watch them you have to wait few seconds on the title screen)
- Display hours:minutes:seconds format when ending game (THE OPERATION WAS COMPLETED SUCCESSFULLY CLEAR TIME) instead of hours:minutes. thanks to PHOSPHOTiDYL
- Display gametime, and percent item collect to the Equipment pause Screen. thanks to scyzer and PHOSPHOTiDYL
- Control Freak : Changes the control setup for the game, to something closer to the newer GBA Metroid games, thanks to Kejardon. more info for this patch : https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/405/
- Add Hard mode difficulty in the options menu (Normal by default) thanks to PHOSPHOTiDYL
changes from 7.33 to 7.34 :
- Fast doors transition speed restored, instead of ultra fast (ultra fast can be applied with optional patch)
- Fast elevators speed restored, instead of ultra fast (ultra fast can be applied with optional patch)
- Patch for Ultra fast Elevators
- Patch for Ultra fast doors : remove doors transitions (thanks to P.JBoy)
- Patch for skipping intro & ceres : start directly to zebes on landing site.
ROM / ISO Information:
- Super Metroid (Japan, USA) (En,Ja).smc
- File/ROM SHA-1: AC8FA2B66CEE547868A8B82C72293D81AD0B0961
- File/ROM CRC32: A922E8F
|Contributor||Type of contribution||Listed credit|
|SadiztykFish (Scyzer)||Hacking||ASM hacks|
|P.JBoy||Hacking||remove doors transitions (speed up doors)|
User Review Information
Welcome improvements for replaying the gameReviewed By: MattKimura on 17 Dec 2019
This hack is essential for replaying Super Metroid. It’s got improvements for the sake of making the game better to play again in future playthroughs. I can agree with all improvements that were added so I have nothing against anything this hack offers. It’s Super Metroid as you know and love it, but with many quality of life improvements that even newcomers can enjoy. No reason to play the original Super Metroid without this patch.
I really appreciate the optional patch to start off on planet Zebes, I’ve seen the beginning of the game SO many times and I got tired of replaying that part. As long as I keep the original ROM around, I won’t actually lose this part forever. It makes the beginning parts less of a chore, and I’m glad I don’t have to worry about the beginning cut scene that can’t be skipped.
I like how The X-ray visors vision is widened so it unveils the whole screen at once. Beats having to slowly look up and down to find breakable walls.
Overall this hack is great, I highly recommend it to everyone who wants to casually replay the game for the hundredth time. Knowing where to go and using this hack, I was able to get to the end of the game faster than usual at about 2 hours (not a speed runner). The faster screen transition speed makes a big difference compared to the original speed. Because of this, I’d only recommend this hack to casual players and not speed runners since they’re only allowed to play the game by official means. But this does make a good way to practice.
Version 7.33 Recommended - Yes
|A "Just Right" Update||lastdual||31 Dec 2019||7.34||Yes|
|Welcome improvements for replaying the game||MattKimura||17 Dec 2019||7.33||Yes|
|The right touch||andrewclunn||07 Nov 2019||7.3||Yes|