Rockman.EXE: Operate Shooting Star
MegaMan Battle Network: Operate Star Force
|Released By||Greiga Master|
|Patching Information||No Special Requirements|
|Game Date||12 November 2009|
|Release Date||22 February 2018|
|Last Modified||07 March 2019|
Rockman.EXE: Operate Shooting Star is a role playing game for the Nintendo DS.
Rockman EXE Operate Star Force was originally released for the Nintendo DS in Japan in 2009. It never saw a statewide release. It’s generally regarded as a low-effort port of the first Battle Network, but with a Star Force crossover scenario tacked on. Despite this reputation, the game still improves the first Battle Network in many ways such as various minor text, graphic, and balance changes throughout the game. The game also includes the new multi-player Star Colo mode.
The translation is finally here! Rockman EXE Operate Shooting Star, translated as MegaMan Battle Network Operate Star Force, is now complete.
Here’s what this translation patch changes:
- All text and graphics are in English for Battle Network and Star Colo! (Download Play client copy of Star Colo is, unfortunately, still Japanese.)
- Script changes and fixes made in the Japanese version of the game are ported to the English script.
- Many typos and mistranslations in the original BN1 script are fixed.
- Original BN1 translation edited to be more consistent with later BN games.
- Additional localization on various maps.
- Minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience.
ROM / ISO Information:
- 4432 - Rockman EXE - Operate Shooting Star (Japan).nds
- Size: 16777216
- CRC32: 06441E8B
- MD5: 0A1BA456028F7D9A59D5C0F25FCCCBB5
- SHA-1: 66F0B1EE011A38F8C24134221F286A9FD3821A44
User Review Information
Thank youReviewed By: Ness on 24 Oct 2019
I played and pretty much 100%’d the original version in Japanese, without speaking a word of it. This was only possible because I knew the original GBA version and with the help of walkthroughs… and even then it was painful.
6 months later this came out; so now I just replayed it; and in comparison it was a pleasure! This translation was much needed for BN/SF fans.
Also, the original game had 2 issues: 1) an anti piracy measure 2) a glitch which would freeze the game and wouldn’t let me enter the last dungeon in the game if played on emulators. At the time I even had to buy a new DS to bypass that as mine was broken.
This translation seems to fix both of these as well, since neither issue occurred this time.
As for the game itself, it’s a better version of BN1 if you ask me.
Version 1.0 Recommended - Yes
|Thank you||Ness||24 Oct 2019||1.0||Yes|
|Absolutely Great!||Exodragon13||29 Jun 2018||1.0||Yes|