Dragon Warrior Town and Dungeon Editor
|Platform||Nintendo Entertainment System|
|Release Date||07 January 2018|
|Last Modified||14 January 2018|
DragonWarriorTownAndDungeonEditor 22.214.171.124734 Coded by: Shawn M. Crawford [sleepy9090] January 8, 2018
- Requires .NET Framework 3.5
- Source is included and can be opened/built with Visual Studio 2013.
- Latest version can be found on github. https://github.com/sleepy9090
January 8, 2018 Version 126.96.36.199734
- Edit dungeon, castle, and town map data for all maps in the game.
- Tested with headered Dragon Warrior (U) (PRG0) [!].nes ROM.
- Tested with headered Dragon Warrior (U) (PRG1) [!].nes ROM.
- This utility currently supports visual changes only. For example, if a chest or a set of stairs is added, the chest will not have any contents and stairs will not go anywhere.
- Tiles with a yellow border and cross means the data for this tile has more than one purpose. When changing this tile, it is recommended to use another tile with a yellow border and cross. These tiles, aside from what is shown on the screen, also correspond to roof placement and possibly other data/data pointers. Changing these tiles to regular tiles (and vice versa) could have unexpected results.
- Overworld editing is not supported yet.
- Loading of some of the larger maps may take some time. On my intel i7 first generation processor, loading time was ~8 seconds for a 30×30 map.
- Backup your existing ROM in case something breaks.
- Feel free to report bugs to email@example.com.
Easy to useReviewed By: PolishedTurd on 26 Jun 2019
I only used this to edit one room (replacing a door with a rock, and removing a stairway), but the program loads quickly and has an intuitive layout. It probably took less than 60 seconds between opening the program for the first time and being done with my changes. To me, that is a sign of a well designed program.
Version 188.8.131.5273 Recommended - Yes
|Easy to use||PolishedTurd||26 Jun 2019||184.108.40.20673||Yes|