Hack of Shadowrun
Hack of Shadowrun
|Patching Information||BIN Format (GEN)|
|Genre||Role Playing > Action RPG|
|Hack Release Date||12 August 2018|
|Last Modified||17 September 2019|
After a more detailed analysis, it has been concluded that Shadowrun from Sega is based on the rules of the second edition, and not on the first edition as previously understood. This new Shadowrun 2050 patch, which will now be called Shadowrun 2058, will retain many of the changes made in the previous versions plus some revisions and new improvements.
A new optional bug fix patch has been added to the downloadable file. Please, READ THE INSTRUCTIONS AND README FILE for future clarification.
VERSION 1.4 NEW IMPROVEMENTS:
- Now the main purpose of the hack will be get closer to the Shadowrun second edition rules instead of the first edition
- Changes the hack name from Shadowrun 2050 to Shadowrun 2058
- Cyberdecks attributes have been modified; some of them are downgraded but they all are more easy and cheaper to upgrade
- Armor values have been revised
- Original damage codes have been restored: “ballistic” for “guns” and “impact” for “weapons”
- All the firearms have been modified to correctly correspond to their respective sprite
- Cyberwear prices are changed again
- Some enemies have been boosted, specially the melee fighters
- Contacts offers cheaper items and services
- All runs gives more karma and better payment
- All spells have less stamina drainage and some of them have been renamed or modified in some way
- Some items are cheaper now
- All Shadowruners and Joshuas start with better equipment
- A lot of new general description based on the Shadowrun literature
Please, see the README file to see the full list of changes.
ROM / ISO Information:
- No-Intro Name: Shadowrun (USA)
- (No-Intro version 20130710-102701)
- ROM/File SHA-1: A06A281D39E845BFF446A541B2FF48E1D93143C2
|Contributor||Type of contribution||Listed credit|
User Review Information
Great balance issues, but needs proofreadingReviewed By: zeteginara on 28 Oct 2018
The balance changes are great, and makes it so you can play through the content with much less grinding.
However, with the replaced content, I could tell the new content from the old. Why? Because the new weapons/grenades, etc… are riddled with spelling and grammatical errors. “This scary heavy revolve has brutal power”, and a grenade having the description, “Rely on the overpressure from their high explosive”.
I understand if English isn’t the author’s first language, but if that is the case, I’m sure a member of the community would be more than happy to help them out. :)
Version 1.1 Recommended - Yes
|Does need debugging||Windy-kun||19 Sep 2019||1.4||No|
|Needs bugfixing||RainDrew||16 Sep 2019||1.4||No|
|Great balance issues, but needs proofreading||zeteginara||28 Oct 2018||1.1||Yes|