Indra no Hikari
Nintendo Entertainment System
The Light of Indra
|Released By||KingMike's Translations|
|Platform||Nintendo Entertainment System|
|Patching Information||Requires Custom Patcher|
|Game Date||20 October 1987|
|Patch Version||1.0 Beta|
|Release Date||31 Jul 2017|
|Last Modified||31 July 2017|
Indra no Hikari is a role playing game for the Nintendo Entertainment System.
The Light of Indra is an RPG that mixes Dragon Quest-like turn-based combat with Legend of Zelda like exploration.
It is about a planet Ival which was run by a god name Byrn. But Ival fell into evil once Byrn fell asleep. For being a very early console RPG (and maybe one of the earliest on the Famicom with backup RAM saving), its story is a little strange.
This is a beta patch. It should be fully playable but the author is uncertain about some translations, particularly the enemy/spell names.
ROM / ISO Information:
- This patch is meant to be used on a pre-expanded ROM.
- Use a program such as NFlate to expand the PRG-ROM from 128KB to 256KB (or use a hex editor to manually insert the extra 128KB just before the last 16KB of the original ROM data).
- Original ROM, including header (128 KB):
- CRC32: B2352DD2
- MD5: 0E879C9A3C023132C504A010C0DEF083
- SHA-1: 80DA4536C10294E83EC5EE8DD98C23F5BE7B0BB9
- Above expanded to 256KB with NFlate:
- CRC32: E4EBB15F
- MD5: 627D5B02F20789CD8250710AE083DE3B
- SHA-1: F84F587EB88470553A50E094CBF229F4624626BA
User Review Information
Solid TranslationReviewed By: Griever_GF on 15 Oct 2018
I finished Indora no Hikari using this translation and didn’t find any errors. Well, the Dragon Quest NES font gives a somewhat awkward sensation, but in all other aspects I am happy.
Version 1.0 Beta Recommended - Yes
|Solid Translation||Griever_GF||15 Oct 2018||1.0 Beta||Yes|