Shiryou Sensen: War of the Dead
War of the Dead
|Released By||Nebulous Translations|
|Patching Information||Header (TG16)|
|Genre||Role Playing > Action RPG|
|Published By||Victor Musical Industries|
|Game Date||24 March 1989|
|Release Date||03 Dec 2017|
|Last Modified||06 December 2017|
Shiryou Sensen: War of the Dead is an action role playing game for the Turbografx-16.
The town of Chaney’s Hills has been suddenly cut off from the rest of the world. People began to disappear and cannibalistic monsters now roam the land, bringing chaos and devastation. The protagonist of the game is Lila Alphon (or Laila/Leila Arphon, depending on how you romanize her name/last name), the youngest female member of the S-SWAT (Supernatural and Special Weapon Attack Team). She possesses strong psychic powers. Her Psychic Seal (”PS”) and Mind Force (”MF”) powers allow her to strengthen her weapons and become more resistant in combat. She has two main goals - to investigate the mysterious, supernatural occurrences in Chaney’s Hills and to rescue all the remaining survivors she can find, and lead them to the town’s church, the only safe refuge in the town. In the wake of her journey, she will learn the truth about the accident, and about her own self…
Welcome to War of the Dead! This time around we decided to tackle a somewhat more horror-based title, just for fun. It was a spontaneous decision, and it didn’t take us too long to finish the patch for your enjoyment.
A few tips that will make your experience more enjoyable:
1. Always use PS REM on your weapon of choice upon exiting the church.
2. Be sure to always consult the game map to know your whereabouts - either the one on GameFAQs (available right now), or later on the one in the manual we translated, once the full PDF version is out (will be at https://nebulous.group/). The text version of the manual is included with the patch.
3. Always talk to everyone multiple times, and be sure to remember where the NPCs are located.
4. For more info/tips consult the manual or the readme file we came up with.
5. Have fun!
Also, big shout-out this time goes to Laurent Kermel of www.videogameden.com for providing clear scans of the manual. Thank you very much for your assistance on this project!
ROM / ISO Information:
- Name: Shiryou Sensen (J).pce
- Size: 262656 bytes
- SHA256: F5D7473515561094D098BDC19B421F1E974C0C4B6A2D4BFD3A53C3640936465A
- SHA1: F0640BC5B5F694BB493FB7DDB22976F5D98825AB
User Review Information
Now you have no excuse not to play this game!Reviewed By: Naniyue on 11 Mar 2018
Beautiful and colorful graphics, responsive controls, and a sci-fi/horror setting make for great action RPG fun! The only real flaw is the absolutely horrendous password system, but all of us here know how to skirt that little problem. And now that there’s no language barrier, thanks to a beautiful translation, you have absolutely no excuse not to play this game! Recommended!
Version 1.0 Recommended - Yes
|Now you have no excuse not to play this game!||Naniyue||11 Mar 2018||1.0||Yes|
|Freakin Sweet!||WebSlinger||09 Dec 2017||1.0||Yes|