Hack of Castlevania
Hack of Castlevania
|Patching Information||No Special Requirements|
|Genre||Action > Platformer|
|Hack Release Date||28 December 2013|
|Last Modified||07 January 2014|
The purpose of this hack was to make the original Castlevania much easier for gamers that find games that aren’t too incredibly tough more enjoyable.
- Players begin the game with 5 lives.
- Small Hearts are now worth 2 hearts.
- Daggers have been completely eliminated. They have been changed to either Crosses, Holy Waters, or Axes.
- The vast majority of bottomless pits are eliminated. There are still some left in to provide at least some challenge.
- Simon takes 1 HP of damage from most attacks and enemies.
- More porkchops and other items are hidden throughout the levels. There are even 3 items in Dracula’s room!
- Porkchops now heal Simon’s entire health bar.
- The corridor leading to Death no longer have Axe-Men and have been replaced by simple Skeletons.
This hack was created with the use of the Stake Level Editor.
ROM / ISO Information:
- Castlevania (U) (PRG0) [!].nes - GOODNES 3.14
- CRC32: 39C879BB
- MD5: 00D93C9F6B8AEFB8B6C02B20147DF4EC
- SHA-1: A31B8BD5B370A9103343C866F3C2B2998E889341
- SHA-256: 55BCAB0D9EFC33A9D9EFC90F2C3C4AB12F3221A44B1F357E6C6202A456399AA8
|Contributor||Type of contribution||Listed credit|
User Review Information
If you HATE Castlevania like I do, this is the hack for you!Reviewed By: Naniyue on 27 Feb 2018
I HATE Castlevania!
I like this hack!
Gone are most of those agonizingly annoying pits, and bullheaded players will enjoy being able to take more hits! Too many mods of this game focus on making things even more painful, so it is wonderful to see one that goes in the other direction.
Version 2.0 Recommended - Yes
|Castlevania Noob Version||onepiecefan2007||17 Aug 2018||2.0||Yes|
|If you HATE Castlevania like I do, this is the hack for you!||Naniyue||27 Feb 2018||2.0||Yes|
|Decent hack||txf||28 Nov 2014||2.0||Yes|