Hack of Mega Man 2
Hack of Mega Man 2
|Released By||Himajin Jichiku|
|Patching Information||No Special Requirements|
|Genre||Action > Platformer|
|Hack Release Date||04 March 2017|
|Last Modified||26 March 2017|
Rockman CX Ver 1.1
Bug fixes and fine adjustments are the main update points. Zip includes both Rockman CX and Mega Man CX IPS and patcher.
0. What is this?
- This is a Rockman 2 hack made by Himajin Jichiku.
- The rom has been extended to use the MMC3 mapper.
- Now this is version 1.1, and officially translated into English!
1. How to Patch DO NOT APPLY IPS DIRECTLY.
- Copy your Rockman 2 ROM into this folder.
- You can also put Mega Man 2 (USA) (CRC32: 0×0FCFC04D) instead.
- Execute “Rockman CX Patcher.exe.”
- The patched rom, “Rockman CX.nes” and “Mega Man CX.nes”, will be created.
2. New Weapons, Items, and Abilities
- Items 1, 2, and 3 are available from the beginning.
- Item-1 Instant Floor - Spawns a platform directly under the player. Up to 3 may be on screen, and they disappear after several seconds.
- Item-2 Subtank - Regains any weapon energies and your life energy.
- Item-3 Ubercharge - Grants 1 second of invincibility for each use.
- Dash - You can dash like Mega Man X in this hack. Press left/right + down + A to dash.
- Quick Man - You can play as Quick Man in this hack. Quick Man can kick and climb wall instead of dashing. And he can also do faster wall jump by pressing down + A.
- Heart Tank - There are Heart Tanks in this hack. They increase your maximum life energy. They are found in 4 out of 8 stages.
- Quick Weapon Changing - You can change weapons by pressing select + down/up. The order is shown in weapon selection screen.
- Weapon Energy can regain your life energy when you equip default weapon or Ubercharge.
ROM / ISO Information:
- Rockman 2 - Dr. Wily no Nazo (Japan).nes - NOINTRO
- CRC32: 30B91650
- GoodNES 3.14 - Rockman 2 - Dr. Wily no Nazo (J) [!].nes
- Rockman 2 or Megaman 2 (CRC 32: 0x0FCFC 04 D)
- MD5: 055FB8DC626FB1FBADC0A193010A3E3F
- SHA-1: FB51875D1FF4B0DEEE97E967E6434FF514F3C2F2
- SHA-256: DEB88223311ACA8CA566B99D4063CA29D389D939FEE455F83AFAEC97C6F0A5D1
|Contributor||Type of contribution||Listed credit|
User Review Information
Mega Man CX tried to be like Mega Man X. Grey Mega Man ain't Mega Man X.Reviewed By: Diddy64wii on 01 Jan 2018
I still wonder why these Mega Man ROMhacks with badly-designed levels get a lot of praise.
I’ve played this hack for about half an hour and I managed to beat only one stage, and it was just a fluke.
Giving nine lives and a rapid-fire buster aren’t enough to make the horrendous difficulty of this hack more manageable. The slow-paced and simplistic controls of the classic Mega Man don’t mix at all with the intense and frantic action of the X games. This feels like a total clusterf*ck. Especially when the enemies (bosses included) move so fast that you can’t anticipate their attacks and moves at all.
A good example of a poorly-design boss is Fire Mario: If he keeps bouncing on your head while you’re on the very left of the field, there’s absolutely no way to escape. You’ll lose a life no matter what you’re doing.
The only way you can enjoy this hack is by overusing savestates. Trial and error isn’t fun. And neither is cheap difficulty.
Version 1.1 Recommended - No
|Pretty good hack||Cupcom5/NGKFlower||12 May 2020||1.1||Yes|
|Rockman CX - more than a hack||diablo666||01 Dec 2019||1.1||Yes|
|Rockman CX - GOOD||Dobu_GM||27 Apr 2019||1.1||Yes|
|Mega Man CX tried to be like Mega Man X. Grey Mega Man ain't Mega Man X.||Diddy64wii||01 Jan 2018||1.1||No|
|the BEST megaman 2 hack to date||Notthisguy||18 Dec 2017||1.1||Yes|
|Romhack that is -almost- good||MetoolDaddy||16 Apr 2017||1.1||Yes|
|The Mega Man 2 sequel I've been waiting for!||8.bit.fan||06 Apr 2017||1.1||Yes|
|The BEST Mega Man hack ever!||mikeH||13 Feb 2017||1.0||Yes|
|It's more than a simple Hack||MagusLOGS||17 Dec 2016||1.0||Yes|