Hack of Mega Man 2
Hack of Mega Man 2
|Released By||Himajin Jichiku|
|Patching Information||No Special Requirements|
|Genre||Action > Platformer|
|Hack Release Date||04 March 2017|
|Last Modified||26 March 2017|
Rockman CX Ver 1.1
Bug fixes and fine adjustments are the main update points. Zip includes both Rockman CX and Mega Man CX IPS and patcher.
0. What is this?
- This is a Rockman 2 hack made by Himajin Jichiku.
- The rom has been extended to use the MMC3 mapper.
- Now this is version 1.1, and officially translated into English!
1. How to Patch DO NOT APPLY IPS DIRECTLY.
- Copy your Rockman 2 ROM into this folder.
- You can also put Mega Man 2 (USA) (CRC32: 0×0FCFC04D) instead.
- Execute “Rockman CX Patcher.exe.”
- The patched rom, “Rockman CX.nes” and “Mega Man CX.nes”, will be created.
2. New Weapons, Items, and Abilities
- Items 1, 2, and 3 are available from the beginning.
- Item-1 Instant Floor - Spawns a platform directly under the player. Up to 3 may be on screen, and they disappear after several seconds.
- Item-2 Subtank - Regains any weapon energies and your life energy.
- Item-3 Ubercharge - Grants 1 second of invincibility for each use.
- Dash - You can dash like Mega Man X in this hack. Press left/right + down + A to dash.
- Quick Man - You can play as Quick Man in this hack. Quick Man can kick and climb wall instead of dashing. And he can also do faster wall jump by pressing down + A.
- Heart Tank - There are Heart Tanks in this hack. They increase your maximum life energy. They are found in 4 out of 8 stages.
- Quick Weapon Changing - You can change weapons by pressing select + down/up. The order is shown in weapon selection screen.
- Weapon Energy can regain your life energy when you equip default weapon or Ubercharge.
ROM / ISO Information:
- Rockman 2 - Dr. Wily no Nazo (Japan).nes - NOINTRO
- CRC32: 30B91650
- GoodNES 3.14 - Rockman 2 - Dr. Wily no Nazo (J) [!].nes
- Rockman 2 or Megaman 2 (CRC 32: 0x0FCFC 04 D)
- MD5: 055FB8DC626FB1FBADC0A193010A3E3F
- SHA-1: FB51875D1FF4B0DEEE97E967E6434FF514F3C2F2
- SHA-256: DEB88223311ACA8CA566B99D4063CA29D389D939FEE455F83AFAEC97C6F0A5D1
|Contributor||Type of contribution||Listed credit|
User Review Information
the BEST megaman 2 hack to dateReviewed By: Notthisguy on 18 Dec 2017
The game starts up like a typical megaman 2 hack, but prepare to be blown away from the moment you hit start. You play as a Megaman doppleganger created by Dr Wily. Your mission is to defeat Dr lights robots, allies, and prove ONCE AND FOR ALL that Dr Wily is superior.
Graphics 9/10 Choice of colors was excellent here. Bosses, stages and enemies were all re-engineered and recolored. Megaman’s stage could use some brushing up. It’s just a bunch of lines and a black background. I’m not sure if it was intended that way because everything else looks pretty good.
Gameplay 10/10 Complete engine overhauls were made, and the rom was expanded to 513 KB! (from 257kb) The game itself plays slightly faster than mega man 2. You get to play as Quickman in the intro and outtro, which feels like playing mega man X with these incredible boomerangs that 1shot everything. He also runs faster and climbs walls like X. Levels now scale horizontal AND vertical, so they’ve expanded it’s memory somehow for bigger levels with more data.
The fire mario stage is actually 3 short stages, each with different music, palettes and tiles. All of the boss fights are incredibly well designed, however I DID have one encounter with Dr Light the first time, where he was stuck in a sho-ryu-ken loop flying through the floor upwards.
Sound 10/10 It sounds great. Bomber man stage is a remix of the bomber man theme, the fire mario stage(s) use 3 songs from SMB 1, a little bit of mega man X soundtrack in the opening level. Really well arranged remixes and covers, as well as a few songs I havent heard before.
Difficulty 10/10 Hard First off, this hack is one of those higher difficulty hacks that probably requires savestates or rewind.
However, aside from a few bosses (Fire Mario, Dr Light and Cheat man) it’s perfectly tuned for a medium difficulty experience. Anyone who says this is too hard obviously hasn’t played minus infinity or mega man unlimited.
Version 1.1 Recommended - Yes
|Mega Man CX tried to be like Mega Man X. Grey Mega Man ain't Mega Man X.||Diddy64wii||01 Jan 2018||1.1||No|
|the BEST megaman 2 hack to date||Notthisguy||18 Dec 2017||1.1||Yes|
|Romhack that is -almost- good||MetoolDaddy||16 Apr 2017||1.1||Yes|
|The Mega Man 2 sequel I've been waiting for!||8.bit.fan||06 Apr 2017||1.1||Yes|
|The BEST Mega Man hack ever!||mikeH||13 Feb 2017||1.0||Yes|
|It's more than a simple Hack||MagusLOGS||17 Dec 2016||1.0||Yes|