Hack of S.C.A.T.: Special Cybernetic Attack Team
|Released By||Digital Warrior|
|Patching Information||No Special Requirements|
|Genre||Action > Shooter|
|Hack Release Date||17 April 2017|
|Last Modified||11 November 2019|
Natsume’s Final Mission is very similar to Contra. This little hack adds more elements from Contra to the game.
List of changes:
- New game tile.
- New players’ sprites based on Super Contra
- The letters on the weapon icons are aligned with Contra. Now Wave Gun is Spread Gun and Bomb is Crush Gun. Speed Up is changed to Turbo.
This patch will work with the Stardust Crusaders translation, provided that this patch is applied first.
ROM / ISO Information:
- File: Final Mission (J) [!].nes
- CRC-32: b8273b87
- MD4: 6d228d942d6f3de15913fbcb9a0bf9d1
- MD5: 2bac7b435070b63b925120257b48f53d
- SHA-1: 6e82b123cc9a1687a4c423438a418eff3f15d817
- (found inside S.C.A.T. - Special Cybernetic Attack Team.7z in GoodNES)
User Review Information
Interesting to see this hackReviewed By: Idleward on 29 Jul 2017
I can’t help laughing once I saw the title “Air Contra” - When Final Mission was played by most people in China back in 1990s, it was called “Air Contra” as “Contra” was such a success and players in China tend to “name” all 2-Player shooting games as SOMETHING Contra. Not many people spoke proper English at that time, not to mention pupils who were the main source of players at that time so the name “Air Contra” was seldom challenged even though “Final Mission” was clearly not relevant to “Contra” if anyone look those words up:)
Anyway, Final Mission was called Air Contra, Kage / Shadow of Ninja was called Riverside Contra. It was so interesting to see the “same translation” coming from other culture. haha. Thanks!
Version 1.0 Recommended - Yes
|Excellent improvement in Sprites, It needs to be applied to S.C.A.T Special Cybernetic Attack Team||edwinmusic||12 Nov 2019||2.0||Yes|
|Interesting to see this hack||Idleward||29 Jul 2017||1.0||Yes|
|Decent hack!||herno||23 Jul 2017||1.0||Yes|