Hack of Mega Man X3
Hack of Mega Man X3
|Patching Information||No-Header (SNES)|
|Genre||Action > Platformer|
|Hack Release Date||31 January 2012|
|Last Modified||27 December 2016|
Note: This requires a unheadered Mega Man X 3 (U) ROM!
A modification of Mega Man X3 that modifies and edits many aspects of the game to allow Zero to be fully playable.
A few features taken from the read me:
- Play as Zero anytime except areas where he’s unavailable such as the introduction stage.
- Zero is able to use sub-weapons, however, CANNOT use the Hyper Chip.
- Zero is able to air dash.
- Z-Saber damage varies depending on boss strength. (Based on speed/power combined)
- Zero is able to gather Heart Tanks, Energy Tanks and Ride Armor chips. He’s able to fill sub-weapons and Energy Tanks while also able to use them.
- Zero can use Ride Armors.
- Updated dialogue to reflect both characters being playable.
- Zero can obtain capsules and use their abilities to an extent.
- Zero has new animations for charged Triad Thunder, Ray Shot & Gravity Well.
- X and Zero are swapped during events. If you’re Zero, X will appear, vice versa.
- X and Zero have completely separate dialogue.
- The game remembers who you played as last after you’ve beaten a level or died.
- Mega Man X2 Feature in which you can shoot both buster shots at once and both will deal damage instead of the large wait time.
ROM / ISO Information:
- Country USA
- File MD5 CFE8C11F0DCE19E4FA5F3FD75775E47C
- File SHA-1 B226F7EC59283B05C1E276E2F433893F45027CAC
- File CRC32 FA0FE671
- ROM MD5 CFE8C11F0DCE19E4FA5F3FD75775E47C
- ROM SHA-1 B226F7EC59283B05C1E276E2F433893F45027CAC
- ROM CRC32 FA0FE671
- Mega Man X 3 (U).smc
|Contributor||Type of contribution||Listed credit|
User Review Information
Gold standard for ROM hacksReviewed By: thecowwarrior on 13 May 2017
This stands as a shining example of what a ROM hack should be. It takes a good, but flawed game and turns it into a masterpiece. This is the game that Capcom should have released all those years ago. Zero is no longer a gimmick that exists solely as a blurb to use in advertisements, but is now a full fledged playable character. He has upgrades all his own, and offers a totally different playthrough than X. Zero functionally serves as the ‘hard mode’ of the game, similar to MMX4.
In addition to that, this hack also features several balancing and gameplay tweaks that all make sense and improve the overall experience. Most notably the fix to the ride armor mechanics, amongst many others.
This hack is highly recommended. Experience MMX3 as the worthy follow up to the preceding games that it always could have been.
Version 3.1 Recommended - Yes
|A must play for any X fan||darkzero7222||06 Jan 2018||3.1||Yes|
|Gold standard for ROM hacks||thecowwarrior||13 May 2017||3.1||Yes|
|Lots of Fun!||Fakade||30 Jun 2016||3.0||Yes|
|Well done!||thepatrickinator||17 Feb 2016||3.0||Yes|
|Great, but has it's flaws||Animebryan||21 Mar 2012||N/A||Yes|
|Gives Zero the exposure he deserves... but||WeretigerRei||07 Mar 2012||N/A||Yes|