YAPE - Yet Another Pokémon Editor
|Platform||Game Boy Advance|
|Last Modified||30 October 2010|
YAPE works on the 3rd generation games (R/S/FR/LG/E) and edits the following:
- All of the base stats, EVs, etc. This includes a few I have not seen editable in any other editors (such as the level-up rate)
- Usable TMs/HMs
- Learned attacks. (it even handles updating all the pointers automatically; adding/removing these for a pokemon is now extremely easy.)
- Pokedex entries (including the height, weight, size, and text)
Check out the readme for more information.
NOTE: Requires the .Net framework 2.0 or higher.
Woefully outdated, but the most stable choice.Reviewed By: Chronosplit on 14 May 2017
This is the editor to use if you aren’t:
- Expanding the Pokedex.
- Adding in any new moves or abilities without replacing.
- Adding in new types (Fairy etc.) without replacing.
- Repointing movesets to expand them.
That said however, this is by far the best and easiest tool for doing what it does: everything else (and boy, there are a ton of choices in Pokemon these days) either have bugs YAPE doesn’t or don’t have all the features YAPE has all in one place. If you’re not doing anything hugely expansive with your hacking, this is the old and trusty pickaxe that models everything having to do with the Pokemon themselves.
It truly is a shame that anything in general that requires editing an INI file is far beyond this tool; a lot of other tools of this time are surviving pretty well due to having editable INI files.
Note for non-Windows: you can run this in Wine out of the box without any tricks or special configurations.
Version 0.9 Recommended - Yes
|Woefully outdated, but the most stable choice.||Chronosplit||14 May 2017||0.9||Yes|