Zelda3 Goddess of Wisdom
Hack of The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
Zelda3 Goddess of Wisdom
|Released By||Francais, Omega, PuzzleDude, SePH|
|Patching Information||No-Header (SNES)|
|Genre||Role Playing > Action RPG|
|Hack Release Date||17 October 2010|
|Last Modified||03 October 2018|
This hack was originally called –Zelda Shards of Might–. It was made by Omega and SePH, But unfortunately it was bugged. Zelda didn’t appear in the guardhouse. This could be fixed, but the forest dungeon was heavily bugged. The game was unsolvable.
Luckily Francais from France removed those major bugs. He called the hack –Zelda Link to the future Chapter 3–. But the game was still bugged. You get Zelda at the beginning, but when you talk to your uncle, she disappeared. Some entrances were switched, which would result in false game play and all jumps diagonally-down would crash the game.
You can’t rescue Zelda since there is no staircase that leads to the priest, so the rain never stops and the palace guards didn’t disappear. The game was again unsolvable.
Removed all mentioned bugs and have made new gameplay. Two dungeons were extended. There were also crash bugs inside the dungeons. All this was fixed.
Sometimes, the logic of the dungeon was false (some key doors were optional or there would be a key behind the key door). Plus, you really don’t know if you should search for pendants or crystals. All this was fixed.
ROM / ISO Information:
- Legend of Zelda, The - A link to the past [E] [!]
- CRC32: 04D55E12
- MD5: ECFB3BD489A15CDDA12066100BDE0378
- SHA-1: 7C073A222569B9B8E8CA5FCB5DFEC3B5E31DA895
- SHA-256: 654183585E88ABF965B19570C194F3D69EF209A7F2D32F71881ECEAEA6A3487E
|Contributor||Type of contribution||Listed credit|
|PuzzleDude||Hacking||Supervisor, dungeon design, gameplay, debugging, beta testing|
|SePH||Original Hacking||Overworld design, GFX editing|
|Dude Man||Original Hacking||Initial dungeon design (when the project was still Shards of Might)|
|Omega||Original Hacking||Initial supervisor (when the project was still Shards of Might)|
|Francais||Hacking||2 new overworld areas for the cost of new bugs (project name was ALTTF ep3)|
User Review Information
Great ideas, not great execution.Reviewed By: Chris Miller on 07 Jul 2015
I really, really wanted to not give this hack a No rating because of the metric ton of work that was put into it.
Unfortunately, there were two issues that I could not overcome while playing. Indeed, it got to be too tedious to play past the third dungeon.
- The game is crawling with strong enemies early on, and the most RNG-heavy and annoying enemies are used early as well in the dungeons.
- There is so much backtracking that it completely breaks the flow of the game. Level 3 is a good example of this. “Enter at one end of the graveyard, futz about, can’t get anywhere. Slowly chop through lots of bushes and lots of red knights and find another entrance. Solve a late-game style puzzle with a block that mysteriously turns into a pot for no reason to get a key. Painstakingly chop your way back to the other entrance. Die to the enemies in two hits.”
It’s also possible to get yourself stuck in the room with the crystal switch and knight statue. You either have to save/reset, and hack and slash your way back, or die to the Beamos and waste any fairies you might have.
That was just one example of many. There’s so much back and forth that the dungeons become chores rather than puzzles to be solved.
Version 3.0 Recommended - No
|Goddess of Illusions||ViolentForce||27 Dec 2015||3.0||Yes|
|Great ideas, not great execution.||Chris Miller||07 Jul 2015||3.0||No|
|Excellent, but with a few hiccups||eskimo44||26 Aug 2013||N/A||Yes|
|Most excellent!||lexluthermiester||05 Aug 2011||N/A||Yes|
|Good stuff, really||Hrith||07 Feb 2011||N/A||Yes|