Newest Translations

Kagero: Deception II Mitsume ga Tooru Donkey Kong Jr. Super Robot Taisen EX

Newest Utilities

Goof Troop Editor PSX/2 CNF Creator FFA Expander Ganesha Dx

Newest Documents

Documents

Newest Reviews

Quest for Sarah Alleyway DX Ice Metal 1: Uninstall Dr. Mario NES - no punish

Newest Homebrew

ROOMS For the Birds VI Game Boy Advance RGB Colour Test (GBA) Plummet Challenge Game

Featured Hack Images

Reign of the Koopa (Hack 1 of 10) Double Dragon II (Easy) Tecmo Super Bowl: 2002 Super Metroid - Darkholme Hospital

Featured Translation Images

Fushigi no Umi no Nadia Umihara Kawase Bloody Warriors: Shan-Go no Gyakushuu Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon: Another Story

Recent Updates

Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon: Another Story

Super Nintendo

Game Description:

Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon: Another Story is a role playing game for the Super Nintendo. It is based on the popular anime and manga series of the same name.

Translation Description:

Sorry Toonami-lovers, but this translation heavily relies on knowledge of the fan-subtitled Sailor Moon anime, and fansub anime in general. Names will be left as-is (expect to see Usagi instead of Serena), some items are left untouched (like Ginzuishou instead of Silver Moon Crystal…what), and even some general words are left alone (does someone seriously say “sonna” as an expression of disbelief? That is pretty inscrutable for more casual fans).

As for the translation itself, FuSoYa has done a superb job, even adding new code for a variable width font which looks really nice. Even the signs have been translated, which is a really nice touch.

ADDENDUM: Make sure you apply mteam’s fix (link) over the English translation, which makes the intro work as intended in modern emulators.

ROM / ISO Information:

  • GoodSNES: Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon - Another Story (J)
  • NoIntro: Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon - Another Story (Japan)
  • Size: 3,146,240 bytes (headered)
  • MD5: 5f776488e366b6d6b44f6e8a01d9953d (without the header)
  • CRC32: 02A442B8 (without the header)

Links:

Screenshots:


ROMhacking.net Patch ImagesROMhacking.net Patch ImagesROMhacking.net Patch Images

Credits:

Credits
ContributorType of contributionListed credit
Cecil StormclawProduction
FuSoYaHacking
Moose M.Translation
Lina`chanTranslation
Nuku-nukuTranslation

User Review Information

How not to translate a game (not)

Reviewed By: arromdee on 01 Jun 2013

I went to fanfiction.net and checked the names used in the fanfics, ignoring non-English ones.

The first one used Japanese names.

So did the second one.

So did the third.

It wasn’t until #8 that I found one with DiC names. I estimate that DiC names are only used about 10% of the time, with Japanese names the other 90%.

This isn’t Pokemon, or Dragonball, and various factors, including censorship and editing of the dub, the fact that not everything is available in dub, and the existence of official manga that uses the original names, means that the *vast* majority of the fandom uses Japanese names. If you prefer the DiC names you are in a minority.

There are translation issues in this game (translating Fin de Siecle as “FenDoSheckle” is one famous one) and the original patch doesn’t work on hardware and accurate emulators, but Japanese names are not a problem.

Recommended - Yes

User Reviews
HeadlineAuthorDateVersionRecommended
A thorough translationPOWCo-op02 Apr 20191.00Yes
Translation Not As Goodjulayla31 Jan 20181.00No
How not to translate a game (not)arromdee01 Jun 2013N/AYes
You missed one detail about the ROM sizemaster higgins14 Sep 2012N/AYes
How NOT To Translate A GameAnimation Guru18 Jul 2011N/ANo