Hack of Mega Man 3
Hack of Mega Man 3
|Released By||The Sloth|
|Patching Information||No Special Requirements|
|Genre||Action > Platformer|
|Hack Release Date||14 July 2012|
|Last Modified||04 November 2014|
Rockman Overdrive is a hack with decent challenge, fast paced action, and good replay value. You can choose to explore Top Man’s Ice World or Magnet Man’s Robot Factory!!
This hack changes:
- Level design
- Boss weaknesses
- Enemy weaknesses
- Weapon colors
- Enemy colors
- Secret passages
- And you can even try the legendary Metal Blade!!
ROM / ISO Information:
- Rockman 3 - Dr. Wily no Saigo! (J) [!].nes - GOODNES 3.14
- CRC32: FCE6CEA2
- MD5: 85944FB58B6AFC53F8D20B8C1E19A0AB
- SHA-1: E82C532DE36C6A5DEAF08C6248AEA434C4D8A85A
- SHA-256: 152133B3DE8D8EF0EC6CC879B16B5E4926FF104EDEDFB7BD512E848B330A9C70
|Contributor||Type of contribution||Listed credit|
User Review Information
Learn more, please...Reviewed By: ananda on 15 Sep 2012
I played your game and I thought it would be excellent by reading your description. Yes, maybe it’s good for a beginner hacker. But, try to learn more about Mega Man hacking.
1. Many lags. Many, many lags… Don’t put a ton of enemies on one screen. It obviously reduces convenience, like putting more than two big fly jump enemies on one screen.
2. Many places can make the player stuck and force game to reset. For example: at Spark Man’s first room in the left side, or in Magnet Man first room transition (down) if you don’t use ladder.
3. It is evil to put holes in first eight robot master’s boss room. I don’t care about other boss rooms. This sometimes can make the player fall into the pit when he’s walking to the center of room for absorbing weapon.
4. About jumping to absorb weapon in Magnet Man’s stage after beating the boss; sometimes the player can’t jump to the center of the Y position of the room because there is a wall or platform and if it happens there will be an infinity loop until the game resets.
5. Don’t use light palettes for the backgrounds please… It can hurt the eyes or create confusion, like in many stages, for example: Top Man stages, I am really confused to distinguish between wall and background. Then there is huge hole in the beginning for 2nd cat miniboss.
6. In MM3, the horizontal room transitions still happen although there is 16×16 wall blocks. In Snake Man’s stage, this glitch happens after top platforms gimmick and before boss door.
7. In MM3 too, sometimes the left down screen, can cause abnormal down room transitions to previous screens like in your Gemini, Spark and Magnet Man’s stage.
8. Care for glitches. Especially the graphical glitches. Also, always check the checkpoint positions everywhere you put them.
9. Players can’t pass many levels without getting hit.
10. The level design is a bit bad in my opinion.
The one thing I like from your hack is just Metal Blade. But, the hack still needs many, many, and many improvements. I’m so sorry for this, I can’t recommended this hack yet. :)
Recommended - No
|So Much Potential||Mother Kojiro||01 Dec 2017||1.0||No|
|Learn more, please...||ananda||15 Sep 2012||N/A||No|
|Try it at your own sake.||Zieldak||19 Jul 2012||N/A||No|