(1 to 1) of 1 Results
Comprehensive SMB1 Music Hacking Guide Released
05 April 2008 9:59AM EST - Update by Dr. Floppy
It’s finally here: the first complete music hacking tutorial for the most widely-hacked ROM of all time. Everyone from beginner to veteran can get something out of this document. Contents include:
- Locations of all music pointers, headers and raw data.
- Converting a song into a linear string of bytes.
- The different coding mechanisms for the four “instrument” channels.
- Enabling percussion in Underground/Dungeon levels.
- The identities of every rhythm- and frequency byte.
- How to alter the rhythm- and frequency byte tables to create customized values.
- And more…
The Comprehensive Guide to SMB1 Music Hacking is available here.