Super Boss Gaiden
|Release Date||16 January 2018|
|Last Modified||01 March 2018|
Super Boss Gaiden is the product of German duo Dieter Laser and ChronoMoogle. If you like 16-bit retro platformers with tight controls, humorous dialogue and challenging gameplay, this might just be your surprise homebrew hit of Summer 2016.
The game’s plot follows the rampage from the top floor of Sony’s fictional President office across the whole of Sony Headquarters once his executives deliver the news that the last remaining SNES CD prototype has fallen into the hands of the general public and has been emulated. Being a very hands-on executive, instead of calmly discussing the situation and planning out the proper legal counter action, the titular Boss takes on employees and resources with both fists and feet.
On January 2018 the V 1.1 update got released. Changes include:
- general improvements to the game engine for more stability and better framerate
- additional animations for player 2 & 3 to make them more fun to play
- slight changes in gameplay and gameflow along with small bug fixes to improve overall experience
February 2018 the V 1.2 update got released. Changes include:
- miscellaneous fixes for reported small bugs
- an optional challenge for a slightly altered ending: Try to carry the lobby piano through the game till the ending!