(1 to 1) of 1 Results
Rockman EXE 4.5: Real Operation
26 May 2012 12:17PM
Translation Help - GBA
I am looking for Japanese to English translators for a new Rockman EXE 4.5 translation project. This is my first real translation project, but I’ve been active in the MegaMan Battle Network hacking community for years and I have a lot of experience with GBA/NDS games.
- Currently, hacking, programming and graphics work is mostly done. You can see some in-game screenshots here: http://imgur.com/a/9JjeA
- Roughly 99% of all the text in the ROM has been extracted and can be viewed/edited with a specialized text editor I wrote. Adding text boxes and re-pointing are no problem. Here’s a screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/uLR5q.png
- As a proof-of-concept, all the text was run through Google Translate, with reasonable success (only a few crashes). Pics: http://imgur.com/a/peGxA
- A work-in-progress patch has been released with all the menus and important stuff translated. The source code is included, but a lot of things have been changed since then.
- The current translating team consists of me (hacking/programming and editing/error checking), plus one other editor and one Japanese translator.
- We have our own hidden discussion board over at The Rockman EXE Zone community for team communication.
- We’re using Dropbox to sync files, so a Dropbox account is necessary.
- We’re looking for Japanese to English translators. Excellent English is not required; more important is being able to understand the Japanese text and convey subtleties.
- The goal is to produce a localization as close to the other English MMBN games as possible.
- Due to the nature of this game (you can play as 20+ different characters), it’s pretty text-heavy. We’re going to need more translators if we want to get this finished in a reasonable amount of time.
If you’d like to help out, here’s how to get in touch.
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/Prof9
- IRC: You can usually find me in the RHDN IRC channel.
- PM: The Rockman EXE Zone, GBAtemp.net
If anyone is able to help out, that’d be great. Thanks in advance! Note: this project is unrelated to the old project found here: http://www.romhacking.net/translations/1066/