(1 to 10) of 45 Results
07 December 2013 7:42AM
Technical Help - GEN
So, curiosity has got the better of me. I’ve got two Mega Modems for the Mega Drive/Genesis here that connect to the ext port on the model 1 system. The game Ballz apparently has modem support for the early Edge16 modem by AT&T… In fact it was even hacked to work with xband. Since it used an old modem, my guess is that it would probably use the Hayes command set.
What I’m looking to do is see if there is any way this modem option/menu can be activated. The manual states it that on the title screen the option should appear if the edge16 modem is plugged in…
Once the menu or options are activated, I’m hoping its a possible to trace what hardware addresses its trying to talk with and reroute this to the ext port essentially and see if there isn’t a way to get it working via the mega-modem (officially released modem by Sega)
I know this sounds kind of crazy, but one of the original xband developers i spoke with mentioned he personally did the hack for the game Ballz and that it was easy to do.
If you’re interested in messing with this let me know… I’ve done some other hacks for the Mega Drive to get some Japanese games working via the Mega Modem.
Posted By: rush6432
Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Tag Force 6
06 December 2013 9:49AM
Translation Help - PSP
I’m looking for some help with the translation of the Story Text for Yu-Gi-Oh! Tag Force 6. I am just beginning to learn the Japanese language and have used online translators for the text.
This does, of course, present me with a set of text filled with grammatical errors. So I need help from anyone who is able to translate Japanese text into English.
When any changes are submitted to me regarding either text, I will immediately update the files online.
Machine Translated Text: http://www.mediafire.com/view/y8g7fh3k2llqpnw/Tag%20Force%206%20Story%20(Machine%20Translated).txt
Posted By: Monobrows78
Donkey Konga 2
25 November 2013 5:48PM
Translation Help - GC
I require a Japanese speaker to check and correct any translation errors for the Japanese songs / genres / comments for my “Donkey Konga 2 - Importing Japan Songs into USA Version” project.
I have the put all the necessary details along with my notes into a Microsoft Word (.doc) file which can be downloaded here: https://www.mediafire.com/?8kyszmds8lm8gya
Any help would be appreciated.
Website: http://www.romhacking.net/foru...m/index.php/topic,16635.0.html Posted By: RadioShadow
2 NES RPG's
24 November 2013 6:42PM
Beta Testing - NES
I am looking for some testers this holiday season to test at least one of the games I am looking to release soon. Please contact me for more information.
Website: http://yojimbo.eludevisibility.org Posted By: Pennywise
Final Fantasy VII
12 November 2013 7:16PM
Technical Help - PSX
I’m looking for someone skilled enough in romhacking that could restore (and fix) some aspects of the game. This is what must be fixed:
- Resize the battle message box (the attack/skill one) to match its original size;
- Restore the two-column style in the item submenu (not only in the field menu, but in battle too);
- Fix the Equip/Materia/Status/PHS submenus, removing the useless spaces.
If you need more information or screenshots, just email me.
Posted By: Thisguyaresick2
03 November 2013 8:45PM
Technical Help - WII
I’m looking for some assistance on the technical side when doing this translation, when dealing with WII games.
I believe these are the major files to look at.
etcmessage.ffx, ffxfile.pac, gamemessage00.ffx, sysmessage.ffx.
I have some of the script done, just by playing the game and identifying what everything means with a native japanese speaker.
PM me on here, I think this would be a great game, as the WII has stopped being made… so seeing this released is just a dream.
Posted By: wyndcrosser
Dragon Force II
25 October 2013 7:55PM
Beta Testing - SAT
The Dragon Force II translation project lives! After a year in dormancy, we’ve received a huge shot in the arm with more translators and a programmer who’s putting the finishing touches on a text insertion tool that’ll throw us into hyperdrive.
To round out the team, we need playtesters to run through successive patches and identify where text display glitches occur. This will be an immense help as our programmer puts the final touches on the text insertion tool.
Step forward, brave one, and become a hero to Dragon Force fans who’ve always wanted the sequel in English (and they are legion!). Sign up at this Verve Fanworks thread and we’ll be with you with more details shortly.
Website: http://www.verve-fanworks.com/SMF/ Posted By: FaustWolf
24 October 2013 10:10PM
Translation Help - GEN
I need help for translating the game Psy-O-Blade on Genesis.
It’s a text adventure game, Sci-Fi oriented. I remember having read an article about it at the time (more than 20 years ago…) saying something like : ‘totally unplayable if you’re not japanese ; seems not so bad though’ and, I don’t know why, I never totally forgot it.
So when I decided to give an eye to Genesis hacking, I thought this game would be a good target to begin with.
So far, I did those :
- I dumped most of the script ; I can’t be sure to have it all, because there’s few pointers in the game : almost everything is hardcoded (more technically, in the code you’ll find instructions like “lea $xxxx, a0″ where $xxxx is the address of the dialog) so I had to parse the entire code to find lines likely to point towards strings. It has two drawbacks :
- I may have missed some ; I don’t think there’s much left (the script is already quite big) and if it occurs, I don’t think it’ll be too difficult to find the forgotten texts
- I have some lines that are not text, most of them are evident, just remove them for script
- I have successfully replaced some of these lines with mine. I use empty space at the end of the ROM (but I can use locations of japanese text too), there are 392000 bytes available
- I have deciphered graphics compression routines (before realizing it was classical Nemesis compression) and wrote both a decompressor (to get the font) and a compressor (to insert my own font).
Notes about the script file :
- Every single chunk of text is preceded by lines beginning by ‘//’ (C-style comments) to show separation, and add some useful informations for reinsertion ; they should not be touched
- there are various control codes in the text (between brackets) and they should remain as they are :
- some codes represents words. They appears between accolade. You can ignore these accolades, I will make my text inserter able to identify those words and replace them with the proper code.
- as already said, some lines have been identified as texts whereas they aren’t. If there was codes used for words inside, they appears in the script. When it happens, please delete the entire text chunk.
- there are 2 files script (for the moment), depending on the way the strings are accessed during the game. script1 seems to be main events (introduction text, game over texts) whereas script2 seems to contain local events. I can’t tell in which order those texts are supposed to happen (so I’ll suppose you’ll have to play the game a little ; I’ve been told it’s short when you know what to do).
Thanks in advance to everyone who will help :) I will make a post about technical stuff on the wiki.
PS : Sorry for the weird formatting of this page, for some reason BBCode seems to work weirdly (code tag doesn’t work, quote does not what I expected, and some carriage returns were ignored)
Website: http://www.segagagadomai....com/megadrive4/psyo.htm Posted By: tryphon
23 October 2013 11:54PM
Translation Help - DC
Hello there. I’m looking for translation help for this Treasure shooter. Most of the game’s text is in PVR files that I have already have extracted and converted to PNG. I’ve already handled the binary file’s translation.
All I will need help with is if someone can translate the text. That is all. I can take care of the technical aspects of the translation.
I’ve completed a translation of another Dreamcast game, Fire Pro Wrestling D and am working on a patch for public distribution for the GDI file itself as well as this game when completed.
I’d really appreciate any help even if it is part time help. Thanks.
Posted By: irvgotti452
Uncharted Waters New Horizons
20 October 2013 11:15PM
Technical Help - SNES
Hello guys! I’m starting a new project. The goal is to make expand this great game, Uncharted Waters New Horizons. If you don’t know this great game, you can read about it here: http://www.ign.com/articles/2009/04/07/uncharted-waters-new-horizons-review What I plan to do is to add new items such as ships, swords, armor, cannons, figure heads and more. I must admit I don’t have much experience with ROMhacking, but I’m very good with Pixel Art and I intend to work very hard in this project, since its my favorite SNES game. If you guys are interested, I can post some of the graphic work I’ve done. Any question, please just ask. I’m sure there are other UWNH fans around. Let’s make this happen!
PS: Sorry about the English :)