(1 to 10) of 32 Results
Ripened Tingle's Balloon Trip of Love
29 July 2015 10:06PM
Technical Help - NDS
We are in need of a graphics artist to make a new english title logo for this game. Here are the requirements for making it:
1) Try to make it in the style of the previous games logo (linked on bottom for reference)
2) Must only use colors in previous logo (I will provide a .pal file)
Please contact me if you’re interested and I will send you the required files. You will be given credit as part of the team on the project blog and when the patch is released.
Website: http://tingletranslation.blogspot.com/ Posted By: joesteve1914
20 July 2015 11:07PM
Technical Help - GC
The homeland project - (GameCube, project in stand-by)
Hi, I just discovered an interesting project which has started in 2011 but has been stuck for a while.
A Japanese exclusive GameCube game called Homeland. Besides being a good game and a cute dungeon crawler RPG, this was one of the only GameCube games with online multiplayer, along with PSO. What’s even more interesting is that it will be playable online forever eventhough the official servers were put down a long time ago, because the devs had the bright idea to let the GameCube itself act as a server if needed.
This game can only be played on a Japanese GameCube, because if you play it with a freeloader the text becomes all scrambled up and makes it buggy and hardly playable even if you had a guide to play without understanding Japanese, especially online. So a translation would also fix that.
The translation project had started on GC forever, http://www.gc-forever.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=523&start=48
You can read the page 5-7 of the thread to follow the evolution of the project but here is a quick tl;dr
A hacker called jaytheham had figured out how to extract the text, created a tool to dump the “CNDY” files and said that the re-pointering and the text insertion was pretty easy to do, but he left the project soon after.
The other guys tried to continue the project but they had not much hacking skill and could only extract 50% of the text and did not try to insert new text. As usual the translation won’t be a problem, they have an army of translator who know the game very well and ready to help when the time comes.
So I just wanted to put some light on this project in case an experienced hacker is interested by this challenge, which based on what the first hacker said is not so hard to do for someone with experience. This work would allow this GameCube game to be played online by everybody forever so I thought this might interest someone here !!
It’s a shame that this project could not be done, so I thought it was a worth a try to talk about it here, since they didn’t know about this place.
Website: http://www.gc-forever.com/fo.../viewtopic.php?f=3&t=523 Posted By: Chael
20 July 2015 11:06PM
Technical Help - PS2
I’m looking for someone with debugging knowledge in order to modify the code related to picking up pieces of textures on the game Operation Winback for PlayStation 2.
I’ve started a translation recently and all I have left to do is changing some graphics, but the game reads specific portions of those. Each language (PAL version has English, French and German) changes the portions, so it should be something that can be looked for.
Website: http://tiovictor.romhackhispano.org Posted By: IlDucci
Persona 2: Eternal Punishment PSP
27 June 2015 7:17AM
Translation Help - PSP
This translation will be using the Atlus PS1 script as a base. Retranslating it from scratch would take way too much needless time. The script is not bad. Not great, but easily repaired with some touching up.
What we need help with is any text not translated by the Atlus PS1 release. This includes, but is not limited to: gameplay, demonary, Tatsuya’s Eldritch Adventures, anything the extraction missed, etc.
Super Mario Bros.
30 May 2015 1:08PM
Technical Help - NES
I develop the hack of Super Mario Bros. based on the game “Flappy Bird”.
Screenshots of the current patch (ver 1.0):
- Title screen: http://chief-net.ru/temp/01.png
- image1: http://chief-net.ru/temp/02.png
- image2: http://chief-net.ru/temp/03.png
- image3: http://chief-net.ru/temp/04.png
- image4: http://chief-net.ru/temp/05.png
This is a demo version of the game. If someone can help me make two changes to the ROM, I’ll release a full version of the game.
I need the help a hackers. I can not realize the two conditions are met:
- Pipes killing Mario (bird). The “usual” pipes and pipes, guiding to underground cave.
- Islands Killing Mario (bird). From the islands I made the cover of the upper pipes.
ROM / ISO Information:
- File: Super Mario Bros. (JU) [!].nes
- Length: 40976 Bytes (320 Kbit)
- CRC32: 3337EC46
- MD5: 811B027E AF99C2DE F7B933C5 208636DE
- SHA1: EA343F4E 445A9050 D4B4FBAC 2C77D069 3B1D0922
- Download demo patch: http://chief-net.ru/temp/sfb.rar
- Download readme-help file: http://chief-net.ru/temp/rsfb.txt
If you’re interested in this hack, please contact me via the RHDN board or by E-mail.
Website: http://chief-net.ru/ Posted By: Guyver
17 May 2015 2:49PM
Translation Help - GEN
I need help from a fluent Japanese - English trasnlator to help me to achieve the trasnlation of the Hybrid Front, a Megadrive wargame by Sega.
It’s one of the numerous strategy wargames that went out in Japan at this era, but didn’t receive a localization.
Its specificities are :
- a sci-fi based plot, rather than Fantasy or WW2 that were more prominent at the time
- a high level realization by the standard of the era (nice illustrations, an OST still praised)
So far, I played the game up to the first assault, dumped every single text I found, coded Python scripts to reinsert translated text, coded several hacks to change on-the-fly graphics loaded when a menu appear, and python scripts to generate those graphics from a png file.
Doing that, I identified some pointers tables, so that my script dump contains most, if not all, the game.
What remains to do from the hacking side is :
- to identify other menu during the game (which should not cause a lot of problems since I identified the menu drawing routines)
- to implement a VWF for the small texts (as you can see in the screenshots, yu’re limited to very few characters, which would be really painfull in English). I already coded VWF routines for various games (check the translation of Psy-O-Blade for example), so I don’t think it’ll be a problem. Notice that script texts (big font in captures) is not limited in such a way (in fact it’s not limited at all since the text scrolls)
Here are some links :
- two threads from the board when I was working on the hacks (big thanks to Seihen, mz and Midna) : here and there
- a patch showing altered text (the texts are not really translated, just edited with nonsensical stuff for testing purpose) (the fonts are also temporary) (screenshots below) : here
- a video containing gameplay of the first minutes of the game : youtube
- a scan of the japanese manual : from segaretro
- all the texts I’ve dumped so far, along with some menu layouts (graphics files ; the colors are wrong but it’s on purpose) : here
Screenshots of the current patch :
If you’re interested in this project, please contact me via the RHDN board or by mail.
Website: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLasNcmcwM0 Posted By: tryphon
08 May 2015 9:47PM
Translation Help - PC
Hello. I am posting this in regards to the Wizardry Chronicles project I am working on. With summer here and having more time to work on it, I want to focus as much as I can into finishing this before the summer is over. I am currently looking for any translators who wish to help in translating what we have left here. We have some people on but due to a large amount of text in the game (which is odd for a typical wizardry title) there is still much work to be done. Most of it is item descriptions and there are a lot of items. Please send me a message if you are interested!
Website: http://www.romhacking.net/translations/2321/ Posted By: mrrichard999
Mario's Nightmare Quest
04 May 2015 8:56PM
Technical Help - SNES
I’m currently working on a rather… technically complex Super Mario World mod. Unfortunately, while I have help in terms of beta testing and programming, I still need some for the following:
1. Creating custom graphics, for things not found in existing video games or sprite sheets. These include custom tilesets and objects for Zelda style levels and enemy graphics for characters from recent games like Luigi’s Mansion 2 and Mario & Luigi Dream Team.
2. Music porting, since we know nothing about porting music from MIDIs or by ear.
So if you’re either a good pixel artist or a good music porter, contact us in the topic on the forums or at SMW Central, we’d much appreciate it!
Website: http://www.romhacking.net/foru...m/index.php/topic,17888.0.html Posted By: CM30
Wizardry Gaiden IV - Throb of the Demon's Heart
12 April 2015 3:33PM
Technical Help - SNES
Currently looking for someone to help insert the larger font in game dialogue. We currently have everything completely translated with all addresses of the dialogue and the font table completely done. Please contact me if you would be interested in helping complete this project.
Website: http://www.romhacking.net/translations/2061/ Posted By: mrrichard999
ACE COMBAT 3 electrosphere
21 February 2015 8:50PM
Translation Help - PSX
Japanese to English
Character biographies. About 50 lines.