(1 to 10) of 29 Results
Persona 2: Eternal Punishment PSP
27 June 2015 7:17AM
Translation Help - PSP
This translation will be using the Atlus PS1 script as a base. Retranslating it from scratch would take way too much needless time. The script is not bad. Not great, but easily repaired with some touching up.
What we need help with is any text not translated by the Atlus PS1 release. This includes, but is not limited to: gameplay, demonary, Tatsuya’s Eldritch Adventures, anything the extraction missed, etc.
Super Mario Bros.
30 May 2015 1:08PM
Technical Help - NES
I develop the hack of Super Mario Bros. based on the game “Flappy Bird”.
Screenshots of the current patch (ver 1.0):
- Title screen: http://chief-net.ru/temp/01.png
- image1: http://chief-net.ru/temp/02.png
- image2: http://chief-net.ru/temp/03.png
- image3: http://chief-net.ru/temp/04.png
- image4: http://chief-net.ru/temp/05.png
This is a demo version of the game. If someone can help me make two changes to the ROM, I’ll release a full version of the game.
I need the help a hackers. I can not realize the two conditions are met:
- Pipes killing Mario (bird). The “usual” pipes and pipes, guiding to underground cave.
- Islands Killing Mario (bird). From the islands I made the cover of the upper pipes.
ROM / ISO Information:
- File: Super Mario Bros. (JU) [!].nes
- Length: 40976 Bytes (320 Kbit)
- CRC32: 3337EC46
- MD5: 811B027E AF99C2DE F7B933C5 208636DE
- SHA1: EA343F4E 445A9050 D4B4FBAC 2C77D069 3B1D0922
- Download demo patch: http://chief-net.ru/temp/sfb.rar
- Download readme-help file: http://chief-net.ru/temp/rsfb.txt
If you’re interested in this hack, please contact me via the RHDN board or by E-mail.
Website: http://chief-net.ru/ Posted By: Guyver
17 May 2015 2:49PM
Translation Help - GEN
I need help from a fluent Japanese - English trasnlator to help me to achieve the trasnlation of the Hybrid Front, a Megadrive wargame by Sega.
It’s one of the numerous strategy wargames that went out in Japan at this era, but didn’t receive a localization.
Its specificities are :
- a sci-fi based plot, rather than Fantasy or WW2 that were more prominent at the time
- a high level realization by the standard of the era (nice illustrations, an OST still praised)
So far, I played the game up to the first assault, dumped every single text I found, coded Python scripts to reinsert translated text, coded several hacks to change on-the-fly graphics loaded when a menu appear, and python scripts to generate those graphics from a png file.
Doing that, I identified some pointers tables, so that my script dump contains most, if not all, the game.
What remains to do from the hacking side is :
- to identify other menu during the game (which should not cause a lot of problems since I identified the menu drawing routines)
- to implement a VWF for the small texts (as you can see in the screenshots, yu’re limited to very few characters, which would be really painfull in English). I already coded VWF routines for various games (check the translation of Psy-O-Blade for example), so I don’t think it’ll be a problem. Notice that script texts (big font in captures) is not limited in such a way (in fact it’s not limited at all since the text scrolls)
Here are some links :
- two threads from the board when I was working on the hacks (big thanks to Seihen, mz and Midna) : here and there
- a patch showing altered text (the texts are not really translated, just edited with nonsensical stuff for testing purpose) (the fonts are also temporary) (screenshots below) : here
- a video containing gameplay of the first minutes of the game : youtube
- a scan of the japanese manual : from segaretro
- all the texts I’ve dumped so far, along with some menu layouts (graphics files ; the colors are wrong but it’s on purpose) : here
Screenshots of the current patch :
If you’re interested in this project, please contact me via the RHDN board or by mail.
Website: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLasNcmcwM0 Posted By: tryphon
08 May 2015 9:47PM
Translation Help - PC
Hello. I am posting this in regards to the Wizardry Chronicles project I am working on. With summer here and having more time to work on it, I want to focus as much as I can into finishing this before the summer is over. I am currently looking for any translators who wish to help in translating what we have left here. We have some people on but due to a large amount of text in the game (which is odd for a typical wizardry title) there is still much work to be done. Most of it is item descriptions and there are a lot of items. Please send me a message if you are interested!
Website: http://www.romhacking.net/translations/2321/ Posted By: mrrichard999
Mario's Nightmare Quest
04 May 2015 8:56PM
Technical Help - SNES
I’m currently working on a rather… technically complex Super Mario World mod. Unfortunately, while I have help in terms of beta testing and programming, I still need some for the following:
1. Creating custom graphics, for things not found in existing video games or sprite sheets. These include custom tilesets and objects for Zelda style levels and enemy graphics for characters from recent games like Luigi’s Mansion 2 and Mario & Luigi Dream Team.
2. Music porting, since we know nothing about porting music from MIDIs or by ear.
So if you’re either a good pixel artist or a good music porter, contact us in the topic on the forums or at SMW Central, we’d much appreciate it!
Website: http://www.romhacking.net/foru...m/index.php/topic,17888.0.html Posted By: CM30
Wizardry Gaiden IV - Throb of the Demon's Heart
12 April 2015 3:33PM
Technical Help - SNES
Currently looking for someone to help insert the larger font in game dialogue. We currently have everything completely translated with all addresses of the dialogue and the font table completely done. Please contact me if you would be interested in helping complete this project.
Website: http://www.romhacking.net/translations/2061/ Posted By: mrrichard999
ACE COMBAT 3 electrosphere
21 February 2015 8:50PM
Translation Help - PSX
Japanese to English
Character biographies. About 50 lines.
Website: http://projectnemo.net/ Posted By: DragonSpikeXIII
Streets of Rage 2 Restoration
11 February 2015 9:24PM
Technical Help - GEN
I’m trying to make a restoration hack for Streets of Rage 2 that restores both Blaze’s flying kick sprites and Mr. X’s cigar from the Japanese version to the American version.
I was able to restore Blaze’s flying kick sprites thanks to the Pancake 2 editor, you can check it out here: http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/2089/
The problem is I have no idea how to restore Mr. X’s cigar. That’s why I’m looking for a hex editing expert that knows how to restore it.
If someone knows how to restore it, can you please help me.
Website: http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/2089/ Posted By: SCD
The Legend of Iowa
27 January 2015 8:08PM
Technical Help - NES
I’m looking for a good pixel artist to clean up the front- and back-view frames of the “Chicken” enemy, using the side-view frames as a template. (The side-view art is an 8-bit rendition of the chickens found in Link to the Past.) The artist will be acknowledged in the game’s End Credits sequence.
As indicated by the shading, these sprites are displayed in a horizontally mirrored, or “inkblot” format.
Website: https://www.dropbox.com/s/645f...6008z47jjv/Chicken%21.PNG?dl=0 Posted By: Dr. Floppy
Mario Gaiden (Groundbreaking SMB1 Hack)
16 January 2015 9:40PM
Technical Help - NES
Now that the major system changes are near complete and I’ll move on to the next stage presumably soon, I’m here to look for any DEDICATED people who can DRAW GRAPHICS for me.
This hack will be promising, check the related URL. One of the significant systems is custom background and even parallax scrolling background.
Art style required: Not really light-hearted like in SMB3.