TMNT 2 - Options mode
Hack of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Arcade Game
TMNT 2 - Options mode
|Patching Information||No Special Requirements|
|Genre||Action > Beat 'Em Up|
|Hack Release Date||13 April 2021|
|Last Modified||13 April 2021|
Here is a hack that adds an options mode for the title screen with several functions.
- Changed “ULTRA” to “KONAMI” at the credits sequence.
- Fixed the ending sequence bg graphics when using the patch along with the bugfix & polish hack (compatibility).
- Changed the Ultra logo to the Konami logo on the title screen.
- Added “Mania” difficulty setting.
- Added “Fighting” setting. Old = original game, New = rebalanced hp for enemies. Set “new” as default.
- Made it so enemies don’t have invincibility frames when attacked when using the “new” fighting setting.
- The special attack does 50% more damage in the “new” fighting setting.
- Redesigned the options screen.
- Moved the “nesrocks.com 2021″ credit into the options screen.
- Difficulty settings now also affect the enemies’ aggressiveness.
- Difficulty settings now also affect enemies’ starting hp if using “new” fighting mode.
- Improved how scrolling works. Standing on the right side of the screen causes an auto scroll to take place. The point at which a manual scroll happens has been moved slightly to the left for a better experience. So now the screen is divided into 3 areas, as far as scrolling is concerned, instead of the original 2. No scroll, manual scroll and auto scroll. Originally it was just no scroll and manual scroll.
- Added compatibility to the “TMNT II - The Arcade Game Revamped” and to the “TMNT2 - Bugfix & Polish” hacks. First apply the revamped patch, then the bugfix patch, and then the options mode patch.
- title screen and options menus can be controlled with the original select button, but also with Up/Down.
- title screen and options menus can be confirmed with the original start button but also the A button.
- options mode with sound test for all the music in the game.
- options mode for selecting number of lives (0-9).
- options mode for selecting number of continues (0-9).
- options mode for selecting the difficulty mode.
Normal = original game. Hard = you take double damage from all sources. Easy = you take half damage from all sources, to a minimum of 1 damage.
ROM / ISO Information:
- Database match: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II - The Arcade Game (USA)
- Database: No-Intro: Nintendo Entertainment System (v. 20210216-231042)
- File SHA-1: 40FF068D2A7BE1202D843C2A9DC1220F087A094A
- File CRC32: C9FFBBDB
- ROM SHA-1: DEE9CF8DCC91DE3F9C65181A07E7E84F7570363D
- ROM CRC32: A9217EA2
|Contributor||Type of contribution||Listed credit|