Hack of Pokémon: Platinum Version
Hack of Pokémon: Platinum Version
|Released By||Refined Platinum|
|Patching Information||No Special Requirements|
|Hack Release Date||13 November 2021|
|Last Modified||17 November 2021|
EDIT 11/13/21: THIS IS NOW VERSION 3.3.1!
PLEASE see the accompanying Readme in the .zip file for specific details.
This patch MUST be applied on the *4997* USA Rev 1 version of Pokémon Platinum using the Delta Patcher (or Lite version) in order for it to work. If patched on a different base, it may have unknown glitches.
This is a standalone 493 patch meant to enhance and improve Pokémon Platinum while keeping the original feel. Instead of a complete reworking of the game, this is essentially “Vanilla Platinum+”, with issues like RNG-centric areas (Honey Trees), version exclusives, trade evos, lack of renewable berries/stones, middling postgame rematches, and more, all fixed up. If you want to go back to Platinum, whether to revisit memories or make new ones, this mod is meant to help make them a little more vivid.
- A More Diverse Sinnoh - All Pokemon can be captured in the wild. Thus, all insertion exclusive Pokémon are now found via Poke Radar or walking in postgame areas. Furthermore, all Trophy Garden, Great Marsh, Version Exclusive, and Honey Tree Pokémon can now be found through other means. The ones in the Sinnoh Dex can now be found be walking. NO Pokémon outside of the Sinnoh Dex has been added to pre-E4 areas, with one exception. There are Combees and Tropius in the grass, but the wild encounters are still close to what you’d see in vanilla.
- Single Player Evolutions - You can get EVERY Pokémon without having to trade in any way, shape, or form. All trade evolutions have been fixed, plus specifically Feebas.
- A Held Item In Every Slot - Countless wild Pokémon now have held items, especially berries and the like.
- An Acquired Phrase - while the core plot is identical, many NPCs have new dialogue. These are mostly to reflect the changes made, or just for flavor.
AS OF v2.0!
- Legend of Sinnoh - ALL Legendary and Mythical Pokémon are now available as STATIC ENCOUNTERS (like most legendaries are); furthermore, all events released for the original Platinum have been restored and can be completed in-game. See the readme for more details.
- Move Over - A notable amount of movepool changes have been made, plus new movesets for legendaries. This smooths out getting certain builds and helps some of the worst Pokémon, all while being 100% legal for Gen 4 (based off of Heartgold/Soulsilver movepools). Expanded in v3.1 and again in 3.2.
AS OF VERSION 2.1!
- Peak Ability - **THIS ONLY AFFECT TRAINERS, AND DOES NOT AFFECT BATTLE FRONTIER TRAINERS NOR WILD POKEMON IN ANY WAY, SHAPE OR FORM** Certain Pokémon have had abilities 1 and 2 swapped so trainers will have better ability options. Expanded in v3.1.
FOR EXAMPLE, Croagunk normally has Anticipation/Dry Skin, so trainers had Croagunks with Anticipation. This is changed to Dry Skin/Anticipation, so trainers will have Croagunks with Dry Skin. AS OF v3.0!
- Celestial Alignment - SUPERBOSSES HAVE BEEN ADDED! Get rained out by Saturn, talk to Cyrus within the void, keep Prof. Oak entertained with a battle, and more. Post-Stark challenges have been added for the strongest of parties.
- Elite Street - POSTGAME REMATCHES for the Elite Four and Battlegrounds have NEW TEAMS and/or alternate text. Barry no longer has time requirements. Most midgame trainers are unedited, but the Commanders have new teams and late game trainers have small buffs.
- Rebalancing of earlier features, and especially a certain pair of Battle Zone fights.
- Time Enough - HP bars update up to 2x as fast. Purely aesthetic, but good QoL.
AS OF v3.1!
- Zoning Violation - POSTGAME AREAS HAVE BEEN BUFFED! The Battle Zone is now a rugged trek instead of a gentle parade, with tougher wilds and stronger trainers. Traversing the area should be a decent endurance challenge. Buck and Marley are now stronger partners to compensate. Many rematches have also been buffed.
- Transit of Eris - ADDITIONAL SUPERBOSSES are present. Mars and Jupiter have arrived, and Charon is under house arrest.
- Central Affairs - Pokémon Center fights now scale better, and are much stronger post-Stark with new teams.
AS OF v3.2!
- Path of Triumph - The lategame has been extensively rebalanced to make for a better level curve. Postgame areas have been similarly overhauled. Moves have also been expanded again.
- v3.3 Monsoon Pageant - Weather transitions for superbosses are now much smoother. It is now raining in Route 230.
ROM / ISO Information:
- Database match: Pokemon - Platinum Version (USA) (Rev 1)
- Database: No-Intro: DS (all) (v. 20180806-120027)
- File/ROM SHA-1: 0862EC35B24DE5C7E2DCB88C9EEA0873110D755C
- File/ROM CRC32: 69D628E8
|Contributor||Type of contribution||Listed credit|
|Puri||Design||Helped with planning out Pokemon distribution, held items, etc.|
|Maple||Hacking||Helped with scripting and balancing|