Hack of Fire Emblem
Hack of Fire Emblem
|Patching Information||No Special Requirements|
|Genre||Strategy > Turn Based|
|Hack Release Date||31 July 2014|
|Last Modified||01 August 2019|
Good morning everyone, Klokinator is presenting his newest and greatest Fire Emblem fan project, FE7 Chaos Mode! He has spent a ridiculous amount of time working on this, given that it was only supposed to take a month and be a quick reclass project. However, he began to realize that he had a different vision for the hack when Phobia’s let’s play of it was started. He was let’s playing it while Klok edited, so he often made changes to future chapters based on his progress and sometimes changed things to be easier/harder.
It wasn’t until they arrived at Hawkeye’s chapter though, that he began to realize a different vision for the hack. Klokinator has actually played many Japanese inflation hacks, like FE7if and FEGirls to name a few, and he always considered them poorly designed. They usually had a couple predictable goals and he did not believe the gameplay was enhanced by them. Goals like:
- Add OCs.
- Make enemies tougher.
- Make the final bosses ridiculous.
- Maybe add some new classes/animations, sometimes taken from the English community without their permission
In any case, he did not like them. He wanted to improve on them, and when Phobia stopped the LP about 85% of the way through, Klok pretty much redid everything. Some of the features in this reskin include:
- Fixed LUK stat. 10 luck for unpromoted units, 6 for promoted units. Only one unit is an exception to this rule.
- Randomized weapons (But they were balanced somewhat.)
- Get sacred weapons earlier and they have more importance and utility.
- All legendary S rank and Prf weapons and tomes have carefully designed stat bonuses. They form their own unique weapon triangle and are balanced to defeat each other.
- Reclassed characters. Nearly all were randomized, but a couple were strategically reclassed.
- Three tiers for magic users. You can promote to a Dark Druid, Archsage, or Witch (Females only).
- Altered events. Most event alterations are fairly minor. Some notable ones include making Harken and Karel appear a few turns earlier, adding in a new character, and a few other things.
- All characters are usable, all have their niches, and many are excellent endgame characters.
- Some custom animations. (Noted in the credits)
- More items throughout the game.
- NO arena. You cannot abuse levels unless you boss abuse, and money is limited so it’s not recommended.
- Some slightly altered story elements.
- Absolutely hilarious trolling moments and wicked surprises to piss just about everyone off.
- Finally, ridiculous difficulty that is not based on being boring like increasing enemy stats. While savestates are almost required, Klokinator is fairly certain that RNG abuse is NOT. There is a difference.
See the Serenes Forest thread for further information.
ROM / ISO Information:
- Fire Emblem (USA, Australia).gba - NOINTRO
- CRC32: 2A524221
- MD5: F1A1B9742FCD467A531DD4314C4E7D19
- SHA-1: C735FDBB9E8ABE19E0C6A44708DF19ACC962E204
- SHA-256: F1200D19771B366B6EAD15DEC0EEE4A7785B538D894C069C36F7592321EE799B