Hack of Super Metroid
Hack of Super Metroid
|Patching Information||No-Header (SNES)|
|Hack Release Date||18 August 2009|
|Last Modified||31 October 2015|
This small hack only changes the control setup for the game, to something closer to the newer GBA Metroid games. The opening Options menus have been altered to show the new controls for the game. Item pickup messages and Japanese text have not been altered however.
- Run is now toggleable between Run and Walk.
- Moonwalk has been deleted, and the setting is now used to toggle Auto Run.
- Aim Up is now the only aim button, ‘Aimlock’. Holding it will make Samus aim at a certain angle, and aim higher or lower if you tap up or down.
- Samus also has the ability to run and aim straight up at the same time now.
- Select Item is still used to select missiles, super missiles, power bombs, or the grapple beam. It no longer selects X-ray, which now has its own button. Items that are empty can be selected, but of course will not be used. Beams can still be used at any time, even when missiles and super missiles are selected.
- Item cancel has also been removed, as it now activates the x-ray scope.
- Aim Down has become Brandish, which, when held, will toggle between Beams and the item currently selected. This is somewhat… abusable.
- Smile Beams can be charged and remain charged while you fire missiles, but you still have to wait for cooldown till you can release a charged shot, or else you’ll just waste your charge.
- Powerbomb attacks are also now easy to control, just tap Brandish when you want to trigger them.
- Spinjump controls have also been improved a bit - Walljumping should be a bit easier on a d-pad, and Samus will fire in the direction you’re pressing instead of just forward, if you press fire.
- The controls are configurable to ANY combination. Aim is not limited to L and R.
You can visit Metroid 2002’s forums for a full description and feedback.
ROM / ISO Information:
- Super Metroid (Japan, USA) (En,Ja).smc
- CRC32: D63ED5F8
- MD5: 21F3E98DF4780EE1C667B84E57D88675
- SHA-1: DA957F0D63D14CB441D215462904C4FA8519C613
- SHA-256: 12B77C4BC9C1832CEE8881244659065EE1D84C70C3D29E6EAF92E6798CC2CA72
|Contributor||Type of contribution||Listed credit|