Hack of Super Mario World 2: Yoshi’s Island
|Released By||Golden Yoshi|
|Patching Information||Header (SNES)|
|Genre||Action > Platformer|
|Hack Release Date||17 April 2008|
|Last Modified||11 August 2013|
Story: The stork was peacefully on his way to deliver future heroes Baby Mario and Luigi to their parents, when all of a sudden, Kamek appeared in the skies. He quickly attempted to snatch the babies from the stork, only managing take Baby Luigi, while Baby Mario fell to the ocean. Luckily, he lands on Yoshi’s Island. The Yoshies gather and ponder how to remedy the situation. The Yoshies decide to carry along Baby Mario, and call upon the Chosen One to face Kamek. The Yoshies don’t know the exact identity of the Chosen One, but know that he always watches over and protects the Yoshies, and has an immense amount of power.
Why has Kamek kidnapped these babies? And just who is this mysterious Chosen One? You will find out when you play!
What this hack features…
- 50 all-new levels of classic Yoshi’s Island design! Journey through 5 worlds to reunite Baby Mario with Baby Luigi.
- Now unlock an Extra and a Secret level by scoring 100% on each world!
- Enhanced Yoshi colors! Every Yoshi now has its own boot colors, as seen in the introduction scene. Plus, two new Yoshi colors, gray and black, for the Extra and Secret levels.
- Pit of 50 Trials, inspired by the Pit of 100 Trials in the Paper Mario series. How many floors can you beat? And what will you win?
- Custom level icons
ROM / ISO Information:
- Super Mario World 2 - Yoshi's Island (U) (M3) (V1.0) [!].smc - GOODSNES 2.04
- CRC32: D138F224
- MD5: CB472164C5A71CCD3739963390EC6A50
- SHA-1: C807F2856F44FB84326FAC5B462340DCDD0471F8
- SHA-256: 9B4957466798BBDB5B43A450BBB60B2591AE81D95B891430F62D53CA62E8BC7B
|Contributor||Type of contribution||Listed credit|
|Golden Yoshi||Production||Levels, story, overall design|
|Mattrizzle||Hacking||Help with offsets, primary graphic editor|
|Romi||Hacking||Additional help with offsets|
|S.N.N.||Graphics||Ripped the Secret level icons from Super Mario Advance 3|